What size bait is currently around Vashon

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by hikepat, Jul 7, 2006.

1. hikepat

hikepat Patrick

Media:
    I am heading out Sunday in the boat to fish around Vashon and Browns point areas for some Salmon but I have not been able to locate my Saltwater fly box. So I need to tie up flies quickly before Sunday. What size and type bait fish have been in there area lately so I can concentrate tying those sizes and types?

Our realator is showing our condo on Sunday and we have to be out of there while he is showing so I figure its a good chance to take the boat out for a spin and toss the fly around. I was able to find nets, reels, rods, rod holders, boat keys in all our packed goods but not the darn flies. I know there packed somewhere in all the packed household goods but I may not find them till sometime after we move. Luck for me I have not packed all my tying equipment yet so I can still tie up a dozen or more flies for Sunday.
    So please some one help me out because Amie and I after not fishing for a few weeks and that only at the Cedar, really need to get out and at least have a chance at some fish. With all the stress lately and living out of boxes for 2 months we need this time to get back our sanity. You all know how it is not getting out on the water.

2. Noonan

Noonan New Member

There's a lot of 4 - 5 inch herring in that area right now (Dalco to Quartermaster). We fished down there Wednesday. A lot of bait, but not too many signs of fish yet.

Good luck!

3. hikepat

hikepat Patrick

Media:
    Thank you for the information. Sounds like I need to tie up a bunch of 4-5" deceiviers for this weekend. Not sure if we will catch any thing but at least we will get some time on the water.