What to tie with brown hackles

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by lylelovett666, Mar 31, 2009.

1. lylelovett666

lylelovett666 Active Member

I finally have some dry fly hackles.Brown.What flies can I tie with brown hackles?

Thanks

2. Randy Diefert

Randy Diefert aka: Longears

Bivisibles and many others

3. sean_k

sean_k Active Member

You can tie any fly you feel like putting brown hackle on. It's simple if your tying the fly you make the decision what hackle, dubbing, tail, thread, hook, endless possibilties, be creative!

4. ak_powder_monkey

ak_powder_monkey Proud to Be Alaskan

Royal Coachman...

5. cabezon

cabezon Sculpin Enterprises

Here are some possibilities. Tan elk hair caddis. Adams (with grizzly). March Brown. Stimulators.

Steve

6. Royal Wulff.......

7. Les Johnson

Les Johnson Les Johnson

Brown Hackle Peacock.....an oldie but goodie and cousin to the Grey Hackle Peacock, which is tied with Grizzly hackle.
    Les

8. BFK

BFK Member

What Les said..also a Brown Hackle Yellow, a flying ant pattern for the carpenter ant flights, the Kolzer Orange and Kolzer Yellow, perhaps a few of the various Wulff patterns calling for brown hackle. There are lots of options...

9. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

If you went out and bought some of that shit. You should already know what to waste it on.

10. lylelovett666

lylelovett666 Active Member

Hey Old Man!Lick it.

11. Dustin Bise

Dustin Bise Active Member

are u rlly lyle lovett?? if so plz send me ur autograph.

12. ceviche

ceviche Active Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: I don't know who just busted who... :rofl:

13. Les Johnson

Les Johnson Les Johnson

Why are you such a hardass, Old Man? If you don't want to disucss why, perhaps others can shed light on Old Man's troubles. To be so pissed off all of the time over such benign issues is really sad. Snap out of it Old Man!
    Les

14. SuperSecretCIA

SuperSecretCIA Be Like Mike!

Les do you really think that you can....

Attached Files:

15. Steve Saville

Steve Saville Active Member

Let's try to stick to the post, okay guys. Save your personal comments for a PM. I have tied a salt water bugger using tan or brown maribou as a tail, crystal estaz for the body, and brown hackle. I put a gold bullet head up front. It definitely catches resident coho.