What's the best way to land a >20lb Steelhead?

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by JesseC, Aug 5, 2013.

1. popcorn.jpg

Warm up them kettles, boys.

JesseC likes this.

2. Where to start...hmmmm....decisions, decisions....

3. Yes! This will be awesome! I do know what you mean about the white shirts during hatchery season, I have gone through a few.

4. Look man, Fishing is relaxing, great exercise and mentally stimulating. There is really no end to the possibilities when you start fishing.

Got it?

5. yeah, thats kind of the point. limiting the company one has on the river. And you catching 20# sweaterheads at the meat hole on the Skookumchuck is no secret :)

and as an aside, if your shirt is covered in blood from cleaning fish...well stop using your tooth to scrape the guts out. bloody hands i get, whole shirt? Nice!

6. You mean give it the Nate Treat treatment?

underachiever likes this.
  7. Not exactly proud to say I took two from the Quinault, on the same day. April 1st, 2001. Pics still on Letty Potters website. Looking back on it I am not at all proud I killed those fish. I can honestly say things would be different today and that's the best I can do.

24 and 21 lbs. Both weighed hours after the fact. 20 lb steelhead are huge. I will never, ever forget seeing the 24 lb fish for the first time.

8. Better hope the fishing is decent in a lake of fire because you're going straight to hell for that one.

BASS_TURDS likes this.
  9. Eh, ill be amongst friends.

10. maybe he can dial in some stillwater steelhead tactics with chironomids

Nick Clayton likes this.