What's with the red, white and blue BOAT .... ????

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Gettn2, May 30, 2008.

1. Gettn2 Trichoptera

Lewiston, ID
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I am a complete novice when it comes to salt ... but I have seen three companies now that have used the same location and BOAT for their backdrop in marketing.

I just received the new Kauffmann Streamborn catalogue and ta'da there is the BOAT again!

Last year Fishpond used it, now this year William Joseph has it on their home page and now Kauffmanns is using it.

What is with the BOAT? Is this some exquisite salt location that is marked by a red, blue and white decaying sail boat?

Curiosity has risen to a level where I will confess my stupidity as to what it all means!

Can you satisfy my complete and honest ignorance! Surely some salty fly slinger will know ... ! :hmmm:

http://www.williamjoseph.net/ - THE BOAT
  2. papafsh Piscatorial predilection

Camano Island, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +63 / 0
    There is usually a cover page "photo credit" inside any magazine that describes the object and tells who took the shot. Check the ones you have, you should find it in the first few pages, or at the bottom of the Contents page.

LB
  3. miyawaki Active Member

Kent, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +880 / 1
    Stock photo libraries make photos available to all advertisers, although they can be leased with an exclusive use, which can be very expensive.

Leland.
  4. Gettn2 Trichoptera

Lewiston, ID
    Ok ...

Thanks papafish ... of all persons I should have remembered to look for credits.

I am a little closer in the quest for answers.

1. Photo for Kauffmans is by Brian O'Keefe
    2. Taken on the Southern tip of Long Island, Bahamas

I still find it amusing that three companies have used the same BOAT in their marketing campaign in the 2007/2008 season. Further that they would use salt as a backdrop.
  5. papafsh Piscatorial predilection

Camano Island, WA, USA.
    I Googled Brian's web site and found another good shot of the boat but no actual name for it. I was amazed at the quantity and quality of Mr. O Keefe's work.

LB
  6. johnnyrockfish Member

Kitsap County, WA
    O'Keefe is the son of Timothy O'Keefe an excellent writer/photographer for Florida Sportsman magazine which used to be the best mag in the state of Florida for fishing info. Their website is great for up to date fishing info.
  7. Nick Riggs I've been known to fish from time to time...

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    It's most likely all over the place because it's a good destination for fly fishing, and it happens to be a pretty badass setting to rope a fish/have on the cover of your magazine.
  8. alpinetrout Banned or Parked

Hiding in your closet
    Ratings: +74 / 0
    You'll be hard pressed to find any fly fishing publication that doesn't have at least a half dozen or more of Brian's photos in it.
  9. papafsh Piscatorial predilection

Camano Island, WA, USA.
    iagree Once you visit his web site that becomes obvious. I've always looked at the mag pic's but didn't really make a note of who actually took them, until now that is.

LB