Washington Fly Fishing Forum banner

What's your tying space look like?

23K views 142 replies 60 participants last post by  Loren Jensen 
#1 ·
I've gotten a few ideas from looking at other people's flytying desks/space...what does yours look like?

#67 ·
If you can keep your eye off my computer desktop background for a moment, you will notice the fly tying drawers I built a couple years ago. They are approximately 14" deep and work great. I just moved into this apartment, so I'm just now setting things back up. Now back to the computer. Note that the chair is pointed the wrong direction and not the fly tying station where it belongs .... I'm going to have to change things around here. It's Winter and time to tie flies!

#72 ·
I've taken some new pictures of my space after I 've finished the thread rack and moved things around to fill in the space left by the thread boxes. This also makes the whole area easier to reach for things while I'm tying. Now if the pictures will print. View attachment 36613 View attachment 36614 View attachment 36617 View attachment 36616 View attachment 36615 They did it seems and there is a picture of a corner in my room with the other Ikea bookcase that has more fishing and camping books and others. Let's see what you think, I starting to really like it for so much in a small work space. It would have been nice to have my computer closer so I could get patterns off of the monitor, I guess I can't have everything and I'm sitting only about `10 ft to the side of my tying desk as I type. There is a row if bobbiins mounted on the middle brace of the thrread rack very easy to use and I could put another row of tools on the top cross brace if I wished. Thanks for your patience untill I finished this .

#74 ·
Bob, great looking tying room. I'm jealous. My piles of crap are trapped in the cold cellar/garage.
Larry, could not get a look at your tying area in that picture. Might need a closeup of that monitor to know for sure if you've got a good setup or just some run of the mill ordinary thing going!

#78 ·
tpugliese, Nice set to do both. That would be a real bonus to get more in the same area. My wood carving is all in the garage/shop for now. I really don't need that much space for the carving yet. When I do need space I'll have to stay in the shop because there's no more room by my fly tying desk.

#82 ·
Looks good and with plenty of room. I assume you're commercial or tie in a shop. nice job anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.