Wheels for an old South Fork?

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by IveofIone, May 15, 2011.

1. IveofIone

IveofIone Active Member

I have one of the early South Fork boats with the painted steel frame. It is heavy as the hubs of hell and I need to get some wheels on it so I can roll it into some local lakes. Does anyone have good plans/pictures of what they are using or know of any commercial product that will do the job?

I had thought of using a couple of wheels from a Big Wheel trike and just building a frame to clamp to the boat. Those wheels are light and cheap and won't go flat but unfortunately they don't have a round hole in the center. That complicates things. So I need a Plan B and some of you guys probably have a good one. What are your ideas?

IVe

2. jessejames

jessejames Flyslinger

Media:
    Bucks bags makes a transport wheel that will still fit those antique South Forks, you can get one at your local fly shop.
    BTW I ordered you a new Buddy holster it should be in on Monday.
    jesse

3. jessejames

jessejames Flyslinger

Media:
    Outcast has one also it looks to be a more "universal" unit. Your local fly shop can get that one too.
    jesse

4. Ron Olsen

Ron Olsen Member

I use a golf pull cart. Wide wheels don't sink in sand, dual wheels much better than a single wheel. Have to do some modifications. Will fit right behind the seat.

Ronbow