When to go with a floating pattern ?

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Ron Crawford, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Bob Balder

Bob Balder Willing to learn anything...

iagree Absolutely, there are places for me ( in fresh water) that can be pretty automatic when the conditions are right, and predictably, when conditions are not spot on, it just takes a few minutes to get dialed in. I think this is one of the reasons that I am attracted to the salt, it prsents an entirely new challenge to me. My only other salt water experience is at Christmas Isand, I do not tire of catching Bones or Trevalle (sp), but that is about casting, in my view. If you can get the right fly in front of a Bonefish without spooking him, chances are you are in for a pile of fun. Trevalle are exciting as well, they just wear me out from stripping like a mad man.
    To me the essence of the sport is aquiring knowledge in order to be succesfull, one can never know enough.
    I will continue to wade out there, beat the water into submission and pay my dues until I figure it out, that is half the fun. All of this makes me want to retire next week to have more time available. With a daughter to get through college and a mortgage.........that will have to wait, not too long but it will have to wait.