Where can you buy locally tied clousers?

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Pat Lat, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Rhetorical question.
    Dropping off 4 dozen at The Avid Angler later today. Fun to tie, but now my hands hurt. Next time I'll try to tie space out my tying sessions instead of doing them all in a couple nights.
    Hopefully these will help put some coho on the beach for a few people out there.
    Im calling them the SF beach clouser. Get em while they're hot.
    IMAG0417.jpg

2. I was gonna say, what's the world coming too if Pat Lat is buying flies.

3. Well done. Local flies are the best.

4. I might have to grab some pink ones today. I got some of these flies from Pat a few weeks ago. They are very well tied, they don't fall apart and fish great.

5. How did you come up with that name???

6. I like them!

7. Wait....people actually buy clousers? ;)

Nice looking ties.

8. Because they are super fantastico, just ask stonefish.

porterHause likes this.
  9. They might now :)

And thanks to everyone for the kind words.

Nick Clayton likes this.
  10. Nice. It looks like they come hookless? What did you use for the stinger loops?

11. Oh and CLO, send me a pm later, as my first "customer" ill give you the same deal I gave you before

12. Yeah they are hookless for now unless Ryan at avid wants me to add them, then they will be with standard owner 2's. I figure most people like different size and style hooks.
    I tie them on SS waddingtons (backwards so the stinger loop comes off the back straight.) to make up for it, that way if you pop the 25lb p line the fly isn't ruined, you can just clinch knot a new hook on, or there's also a way to attach a new stinger hook as a loop to loop. Ill show the guys at avid and they can show customers.And the flies are friggin bomb proof, i almost always replace the hook multiple times in an outing before the fly/stinger is torn up.
    Also the mono thread head and bucktail under the eyes is coated with hydro tack free uv resin.

13. Here's another pic to show the side a bit more. Porterhause's color combo, kinda.

Attached Files:

14. The materials on this one are splayed out so you can see the shank better IMAG0439.jpg

CLO and ganglyangler like this.
  15. Pat...great ties! Where do you get SS Waddington shanks?

Jim B.

16. New from Umpqua, ill tell you where after I go buy more :)

17. Are they cheaper than the Mustad 3407DT hooks?

18. No but you can't dismantle a clipped hook and re tie something else on it. Plus the eyes stay in place better

19. I really like the looks of these shanks and then you don't have to worry about cutting the hook after the tie. How do you put them in the vise?