Where in the Canyon?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Woollyworm, Oct 18, 2002.

1. Woollyworm

Woollyworm New Member

Hi There,
    Another question in my long-string of Yakima Access posts. A group of us (4) were thinking of trying the E-burg canyon this coming weekend. What's the best game plan for foot access? Drive along and find an unoccupied pull-out, park & fish? Any spots better than others?

Thanks for tips,
    ww

2. Bright Rivers

Bright Rivers Member

Media:
    If it was just you, I'd say just pick any pull-out next to a good looking stretch of river. It's all wadable right now and the fish are cooperating just about everywhere. But since there are four of you, you'll need a little more space. I'd suggest going to Umptanum, which is (I'm guessing) about 20 miles down the canyon road. Your group can divide up and and easily head up or down river from that point, as the river is wide and shallow there right now. Another good spot is another 4 miles or so downstream at Lmuma. Just above Lmuma, there is a large pasture area where you'll have plenty of room for 4 anglers to all find great spots. If you go down that far, be sure to stop in at Red's fly shop, buy a few flies, and get some info. It'll be worth your while.

db
    "If I don't catch them today, I'll catch them another day." Art Flick