where to buy fly tying supplies near Olympia

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by willapabay, Oct 9, 2005.

1. willapabay New Member

RAYMOND, WA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I don't know if anyone else has noticed or maybe I am just a recluse and don't travel out of my area far enough to know, but where does one buy fly tying supplies, seems like more and more shops are closing up business .
    I keep going back to cabela's, ebay and elsewhere buying my supplies
    I am not aware of a good fly shop here in S.W.Washington that is within a reasonable driving distance. I live in Raymond, yes I know that is probably why I am so un or mis-informed but then again I have you folks to help out..

take care ya all, Monday I will be fishing the Cowlitz and will let you know how that worked out.. will be taking a couple reversed spider flies some of you gave me help in tying. When the steelhead won't maybe the cutthroat will..
  2. Otto Aldridge New Member

elma, Washington, U.S.A..
    for a good shop in Olympia try Fishy Busiless at 2415 Harrsion Ave. Olympia. The owner is Thomas Bolender A good man to deal with.

Otto
  3. River Rat member

Aberdeen
    I don't know what you mean by "good" but I get most of my basic materials at Dennis Company in Aberdeen. Only have basic stuff but they're local and give good service even if they have limited fly knowledge. Anything they don't have its online, usually Cabela'a
  4. Joz Member

Support your local fly shop, you are just down the road from Dennis Co. in Raymond.
  5. Dirk Pitt New Member

Tenino, Wa
    If you are in Lacey, try the Fly Fisher on Pacific ave.