Where to fish in North Bend?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by girlyfish, Oct 17, 2002.

1. girlyfish

girlyfish New Member

I just moved to North Bend from Ellensburg. I spent the last few years fly fishing the Yakima every day after work or school. Now that I live in North Bend, I need to find a new fishing home. I am having serious withdrawls. I haven't fished in over two weeks. I am heading back to Eburg tonight to fish the Yakima but I need to know where I can go on the west side of the mountains. Any suggestions? :HAPPY

2. Whitey

Whitey Active Member

Media:
    Right on, we need to get some more ladies on the site! Too many old dudes! The forks of the snoqualmie run throughout North Bend. also Rattlesnake lake. If you ever want to fish with a total stud muffin, email MacRowdy, he's a hottie! :WINK :BIGSMILE (sorry, just have'n a little fun)

3. MacRowdy

MacRowdy Idaho Resident Craftsman/Artisan

Media:
    Home Page:
    From what I understand the middle fork is good. You'll get some replies for sure on this forum. From your username are we to assume you are female? If yes then cool, it's nice to have a girl on the site.

As an after thought it looks like Whitey and I were posting at the same time. What a bunch of Meatsticks we are. Don't listen to him he's full of shizzlnit.

MacRowdy

4. Randy Knapp

Randy Knapp Active Member

There are trout under every bridge and in between. Just be aware of private property and ask if you aren't sure. I don't drive out there often but will honestly say I have caught fish to 19" (measured and on a dry!) above the mouth and below Twin Falls State Park on the South Fork (I'll let you explore for yourself). The Mainstem, Middle and North Fork also have trout within the city limits and of course there are steelhead, rainbows, sea run cutts, salmon, and mountain whitefish below the falls. You'll learn and have fun but get use to lots of rain.

Randy

5. Mike Colagrossi

Mike Colagrossi Whammo!

Media:
    Home Page:
    I live in the Riverbend complex of North Bend right on the South Fork and have very much enjoyed fishing the South Fork. I have also found some great spots on the North Fork which are much more secluded but you have to hike a mile or two.. I am just learning how to go after the Steelies and people tell me that the Snoqualmie has some decent fishing up from Fall City so I am going to try and hit that up tonight.. If you want a sure fire bet get in your float tube with a sink tip and strip black leeches on the bottom at the far side of the luck and I assure you that you will get fish 10-15 inchers and a triploid every once in a while..

Mike :THUMBSUP

6. Kaari White

Kaari White Active Member

Media:
    The Snoqualmie is the clear choice. Minutes out of the city of north bend. It's not going to be like the Yak, but it's a pretty fun river. I like the middle fork.

7. saltchuck

saltchuck New Member

The middle fork has always been good to me but I didn't fish it much this year. Got too focused on salmon for a while. Chadk lives in the North Bend area and sounds like he knows the area very well. Maybe he can help you out.......Chad? Are you out there?

8. chadk

chadk Be the guide...

Media:
    Yep. I'm here :)

I'm probably hitting the MF Sat morning with my usualy fishing buddy from work (fishing my 'holy water' stretch). It should still be fishing quite well right now. Just get away from the easy access points and hike\wade a little from the road. If you're not getting any action on the dries (#10 to 12 royal wolff works great as do parachute adams, elk hair caddis and small stimulators) put on a black or olive wooly bugger and hang on :) Fish it dead drifted or by swinging or stripping. I have my best luck stipping them in and sometimes just letting them 'dangle' in the fast water down from me.

Hit the lower river this morning for a short while. Sow lots of spawning kings and not much else. Water is so low it's crazy...

-chad

9. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    What do I know---I'm just an old man

The head man of this site lives on the South fork. He just steps out his door and he's got water. And don't listen to Yt or Macrowdy neither one of them know what they are talking about. Both full of hot air. With having a female on here it might clean up their minds. :LOVEIT

Jim :THUMBSUP

10. girlyfish

girlyfish New Member

i see there is a CWU girl here....i graduated from there 6 months ago.

11. girlyfish

girlyfish New Member

well...MacRowdy....are you a hottie or not?

12. DW

DW New Member

Gotta love CWU - I graduated from their in '99. Over time, you'll miss having the Yak in your back yard more and more.

Yea, it's been like a party at YT's on this site - all dudes! It's about time we got some girls on here!

- DW

13. Kaari White

Kaari White Active Member

Media:
    I'm a 5th year senior due to my double majors. I could graduate in Winter Quarter, but with the economy as crappy as it is, I would rather stay in school those extra 12 weeks. Going for a masters looks mighty tempting at this point as my degrees will probably qualify me to work at Denny's!
    I just bought a house here- no way could I go back to living on the westside! No traffic, friendly people, great rivers/lakes, close to hunting, 300 days of sun...

14. Whitey

Whitey Active Member

Media:
    Got that right DW, total sausage fest. I seem to remember a few parties at your crib that were all a bunch of dudes. all your redneck homies! I never went to CWU, but a lot of friends did, I'd go over on the weekends and party like a rockstar! (If that's possible in E-berg)YT

15. DW

DW New Member

Man...a girl that loves to fish & hunt....this is good!

16. Whitey

Whitey Active Member

Media:
    Totally good! CWUgirl, will you marry me? :DEVIL :DEVIL Just kidding! :LOVEIT YT

17. MacRowdy

Media:
    Home Page:
    No I am not. Not even close. I don't know anything about girls. Sorry. The only thing I know about is rowdiness.

:WINK :AA

~MacRowdy

18. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    What do I know---I'm just an old man

He's telling the truth,and he doesn't know anything about fishing either.

Jim :THUMBSUP

19. MacRowdy

Media:
    Home Page:
    See, "in the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established." And I definitely don't know anything about fishing.

MacRowdy

20. Whitey

Whitey Active Member

Media:
    MacRowdy, shame on you! you know you pimp all the chicks! He's a player! He's trying to lure you in with some shyness! Bad Macrowdy! :TSKTSK YT