Where to go for advance fly tying lessons

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by Top in my class, Nov 13, 2012.

1. Top in my class Member

washington, Spanaway
    Ratings: +20 / 0
    I am currently hooked in for life when it comes to fly fishing and fly tying. Its just I am pretty much self taught off trial and error and watching youtube. I have even taught some people older then me about fly tying and how to get started. I would consider myself pretty good but I know theirs more to learn and a lot! So my question for you guys is what should I do and where should I go to learn more about fly fishing and fly tying for still water trout. I live in spanaway, am currently in high school and work part time. So I am pretty busy! Do you think I even have time?? Anyways just let me know what you guys think and point me in the right direction.
    Thanks!
  2. Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

Ratings: +939 / 0
    In addition to checking out your local fly clubs and shops for classes, think about attending the FFF Fly Fishing Fair next May 3 & 4th in Ellensburg. There will be lots of classes as well as demonstrations by tons of tiers, including some of the best in the NW and beyond. One can often sit down right in front of them and not only watch and learn, but pick their brain as well.

http://www.washingtoncouncilfff.org/2011WFFFMainFrame.htm
    Top in my class likes this.
  3. Zach Sanders member

olympia,washington
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    It would be a slight drive for you, but Bjorn at The Fly Fisher in Lacey will do 1 on 1 tying classes. He is a very accomplished tier and has much to offer when it comes to tying knowledge.
  4. kelvin Active Member

Seattle,WA
    Ratings: +231 / 0
    your local fly shop
  5. DennisE Topwater and tying.

Tacoma, Washington
    Ratings: +61 / 0
    Closest local fly shop to you would be Anil's Puget Sound Fly just off 56th in Tacoma. Your closest local fly club would be Puget Sound Fly Fishers. They normally meet second Thursday of each month at Tower Lanes on 6th Ave in Tacoma. HOWEVER, due to a "Santa" conflict they will meet the first Thursday in December. Guests are welcome.
  6. Top in my class Member

washington, Spanaway
    Ratings: +20 / 0
    Okay cool I will have to look into that.
    Thanks everyone