where would YOU Fish?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Luv2flyfish, Mar 6, 2003.

1. Luv2flyfish

Luv2flyfish Another Flyfisherman

Hello All!

Got a question if I may......where would you fish this weekend. My fishin buddy has fallen off the planet recently as his wife came back. Normally we float various rivers in our pontoons. As for this weekend, I have no partner and no second vehicle to shuttle Pontoons to and from Put-ins and Take-outs. Sooo, I guess I will attack the still water with the 5wt. What lakes are recommended on the west side (I am near Tacoma) without the drive to the east side? I just got a band new pontoon and a screamin deal at that so I gotta get it out on the water with or without my fishin bud. What are your recommendations?? Its about time that I take a break from steelheading and try for some regular old trout - maybe that will re-assure myself that I am still a competant flyfisherman. I am up to 22 trips with one bump from a steelhead. Its time to remember what a rod looks like with a bend in it. Thanks in advance for your input. J

2. pwoens

pwoens Active Member

Not sure of the west side, but...if you had to make the trek to the east side, we could hook up and get you into some good holding waters?? Im headin out again this weekend and the buzz is good on the steelies: three weeks and three steelies??? :thumb

~Patrick ><>

3. Luv2flyfish

Patrick,

where at on the east side? I am not feeling like driving to the other side of the state. Sounds like you have been doing really well lately! Thats a good deal!

4. pwoens

pwoens Active Member

True Eastsider :smokin --- Spokane ;-)...ya its kind of a long drive but you knw the fish exist over here :7

~Patrick ><>

5. Scott Salzer

Scott Salzer previously micro brew

You could always try Cady, outside of Belfair. I haven't fished it this early, but was was good in April. It is catch & release, FF only. There are some BIG fish in that lake, easy access.

6. Luv2flyfish

I was thinking along the lines of Cady. I fished it a couple times in December and early Jan. I was looking on a map and wondering about the Silver Lake that south on HWY 7 off of 512? Anyone know anything about that lake??

7. Paul Huffman

Paul Huffman Lagging economic indicator

Christmas Island!

8. Luv2flyfish

Talk to me about Christmas Island - I dont have a map at the moment, used the map servers but couldnt find anything. I know absolutely nothing about it, or fishing the salt for that fact. I am very curious and may just give it a shot depending on what info I can dig up before tomorrow morning

9. vader

vader Member

hello,

have you tried the salt under the tacoma bridge? hit and miss, but have heard of sea runs and silvers. i also got a new pontoon boat and i am looking to float with someone.
    let me know if you would like to try and hook up sometime.
    vader

10. o mykiss

o mykiss Active Member

You may not have time for a trip to Christmas Island this weekend. It's in the Indian Ocean.;)

11. Bob Triggs

Bob Triggs Your Preferred Olympic Peninsula Fly Fishing Guide

The world is going to end this weekend. About eleven feet of snow will fall, dozens of inches of rain.It's over.Watch TV.

12. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I used to know it all---but now that I'm older I seem to forget it all.

All right. Gloomy Gus.:bawling

Jim

13. sleekzeke

sleekzeke New Member

Which is worse? The world ends and I'm home watching TV or the world ends while I've got a rod in my fishy smelling hands. :dunno

14. sleekzeke

sleekzeke New Member

Oak creek in Sedona, Az. Beautiful surroundings, decent fishing and I'll bet there is less snow than I've got in my front yard.:beathead

15. hikepat

hikepat Patrick

Since no one else is letting go of any Westside lakes for you. You can try Deep Lake in King county between 1PM and 4PM so that its the warmest part of the day and the winter fish get alittle more active. I also have heard Some are doing ok in American Lake down South of Tacoma over the last few weeks.

16. Scott Behn

Scott Behn Active Member

don't know how far a drive you're wanting to take, but there are a quite a few year-round lakes up here in Snohomish County that are fishing good from what I here at the local flyshops... Martha, Goodwin are just a few off the top of my head. The only thing I don't like is that I think some of those lakes are also stocked with bass. If your feeling energetic you can also try Lone Lake on the south side of Whidbey Island. It is a very nice lake that has been changed to ff only and 1 fish min. 18". It's not even a hundred acres I believe and deepest spot is around 17'. I have caught many 17" and 18"
    fish out of that lake. Anything in olive is all you need. really good damselfly lake.

Scott

17. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

I used to know it all---but now that I'm older I seem to forget it all.

I also live in Snohomish And I used to fish the local lakes but I didn't know/think that The Dept of F&W ever stocked Bass in any of these lakes here.

Jim