Where??

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by HoldingAces, Feb 29, 2012.

1. HoldingAces New Member

Auburn, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I would like to try my hand at Steelhead fishing, but I'm afraid it's too late to go anywhere near Puget Sound. Can anyone suggest some good rivers/locations that are still open for fishing? Thanks guys!

-Aces
  2. Panhandle Active Member

Selkirk Mountains, Idaho Panhandle
    Ratings: +23 / 0
    There's this place called the Olympic Peninsula that's pretty cool.
  3. jeff bandy Make my day

Edmonds, Wa.
    Ratings: +249 / 1
    Selkirk Mountains, Idaho Panhandle.:rofl:
  4. Derek Young 2011 Orvis Endorsed Fly Fishing Guide Of The Year

Snoqualmie, WA
    Ratings: +830 / 0
    Is that like noodling for catfish?
  5. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,593 / 2
    Follow the convoy of driftboats leaving the Seattle area
  6. gearhead Active Member

Renton, wa
    Ratings: +45 / 0
    right now, try looking at the skookumchuck river, you can reach it from Centrailia, and fish it all the way to the dam. the dam of course is the most popular, and lots of gear guys, but do some looking around and you can get away from the crowds. i would start near the town of Rainier, near that there will be a left turn thats Johnson rd, when ya get to the end you can go left or right and find places to access the river, going left from the end of johnson takes you to the end where most of the fish are caught, but its crowded, with lots of trash and white trash, so beware, lol.
  7. Dan Cuomo Active Member

Tacoma, WA
    Ratings: +62 / 0
    Go East young man. Seriously. Pick up Doug Rose's book, The Color of Winter. It's a beautiful read and it will point you in the right direction. Either that or listen to Even and follow the drift boats. Keep your wiper fluid full to clean away the dust, PBR foam, and marabou feathers in their wake. God help you.
  8. Richard Torres Active Member

Mill Creek
    Ratings: +76 / 0
    Saw a group towing a North River southbound around 5:30 this morning.

At the speed they were going, you would've thought they were involved in a boat towing race.:eek: