Whidbey Island

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by treefrog, Sep 22, 2009.

1. treefrog Dan Hall

Shoreline, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Has anyone fished either Pass Lk or Lone Lk w/in the past week. I fished Lone Lk 3 wks ago and the water was 66 w/ lots of algae.

Dan
  2. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +180 / 6
    Still lots of algae in Lone, but the fishing is picking up.
  3. PeteM Member

Snohomish, WA, US.
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    I fished Lone and Pass a week ago. Lone has some algae but is in fine shape. It fished very well. Pass is also in great shape. Should start seeing the shoreline cruisers any time.

Pete
  4. treefrog Dan Hall

Shoreline, WA
    Thanks Pete. I will probably try Lone Friday.
  5. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +180 / 6
    I probably will hit Lone on Friday. around 10 to 2. I'll be in the red pontoon boat, driving a black Dakota pick up. Come over and say hi.
  6. treefrog Dan Hall

Shoreline, WA
    Will do. Thanks.
  7. PeteM Member

Snohomish, WA, US.
    I'll be fishing Lone on Saturday with some kids. If you're in the area, say hi. For those fishing on Friday, post a report so we can see how you did.

Pete
  8. treefrog Dan Hall

Shoreline, WA
    Sorry I didn't get to this earlier. Friday the surface water temp was 67-71 degrees. Algae all over the lake. I got strikes trolling an egg sucking leech and a green/black leech, but no fish landed. I switched to chironomids: black w/ red rib #14 an the up fly and #14 blood worm as the down fly on an 8 ft leader. I started landing fish 12-17 inches.
  9. PeteM Member

Snohomish, WA, US.
    We fished from 8 - 2. It was a very slow day with 8 fish between the three of us. No consistent surface activity or bugs hatching. We fished everything from leeches to nymphs to chironomids with no consistent action on any of them.

Lake has a lot of algae but is very fishable.

Beautiful day to be out though.

Pete
  10. Elephant fly ...tastes like chicken....

seattle, wa
    Ratings: +15 / 0
    Fished it today. Water temp was 63 degrees. It fished great......lots of fish and all 13-16"
  11. Elephant fly ...tastes like chicken....

seattle, wa
    Ratings: +15 / 0
    Fished it today. Water temp was 63 degrees. It fished great......lots of fish..... all 13-16"
  12. Allison Banned or Parked

Seattle, WA