whidbey island

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by hawaiianflyfisher, Aug 8, 2011.

1. hawaiianflyfisher Go big tuna or go home

sammamish,wa
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    I will be staying at a beach house this weekend, cultus bay and was wondering if pinks visit.this bay durring the run?
  2. Dehlan G Member

UW
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    If its along the west or south shore of Whidbey, there will most likely be pinks.
  3. P.Dieter Just Another Bubba

Seattle.
    Ratings: +150 / 0
    try making your way out onto possession point right there.
  4. hawaiianflyfisher Go big tuna or go home

sammamish,wa
    Is that the very south tip or south east side?
  5. hawaiianflyfisher Go big tuna or go home

sammamish,wa
    Is there public access at possesion point?
  6. P.Dieter Just Another Bubba

Seattle.
    Ratings: +150 / 0
  7. Ron Crawford ===

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Bush Point can be good for Salmon. There are some strange access rules on the beach that make it so that it is really only a decent option when the tide is out. Otherwise there is only about 30 yards of beach that allows for a back cast.
  8. hawaiianflyfisher Go big tuna or go home

sammamish,wa
    Thanks again for all the info. That's what makes this such a great site. I'll post how I do.
  9. Paul Potter Member

Westport, WA
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    hawaiianflyfisher,
    The state park @ Possession Point is closed weekdays for construction on their seawall. Per the ranger, construction will likely go thru September (bummer). It is open on weekends. If you want to fish during the week, you could try the beach @ the Bait Co. (small beach, but free) or @ the Possession Beach Waterfront Park (north of the boat launch). If you are on the Island, get a copy of Getting to the Water's Edge on Whidbey & Camano Islands. Check the stores, it is worth the price.
  10. Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +47 / 0
    Paul, good to know! I'm on whidbey for the weekend and was going to head down there for a bit this evening. Decided to save my time for the morning.
    HFF- I'll most likely be at bush point tomorrow morning (early)if you want some fly flinging comraderie.
  11. hawaiianflyfisher Go big tuna or go home

sammamish,wa
    Great offer but I won't get there until Friday night. Plan on hitting it hard on Saturday and Sunday morning.
  12. Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +47 / 0
    Bush Pt was dead this morning. Might try again sat or sun morning.
  13. wolverine Member

Everett, WA
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    Bush Pt is a high tide show. late afternoon or evening high tides are money. There are a lot better places to fish on the rock than Bush Pt on an ebb tide.