Whidbey

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Be Jofus G, Jul 25, 2007.

1. Be Jofus G

Be Jofus G Banned or Parked

Anyone know the name of the point between Useless and mutiny bay on Whidbey? Is there any public access? My wife is stealing me from the river Sunday. I will be very close to that area and wouldn't mind sneaking in a few hours. From the sat photos it looks like a promising spot.

2. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

i believe that would be double bluff. i asked about that about a week ago and apparently it's very shallow and hard to fish.

3. Chris Puma

Chris Puma hates waking up early

someone gave me a report that west whidbey is hot hot hot.

4. Evan Burck

Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

where in whidbey would one look? fort casey? south whidbey park?

5. Jeff Dodd

Jeff Dodd Active Member

I would not say that Whidbey is HOT, but the resident silvers are around and a few are landed each shift on the beach. I got a nice little 4-pounder this morning that I saved for my son's birthday dinner.

I've not fished Double Bluff, but there is a ton of beach there and kelp. If it's an easy walk from your location, it wouldnt' hurt to give it a try, but walk way down the beach toward the point until it looks interesting.

You are minutes driving from Bush Pt. Lagoon Pt. etc. as you may know. The SW State park beach access is closed due to winter storm damage.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions I didn't answer.

Have a great stay on Whidbey. The evening high tides this weekend might make decent fishing.

6. wolverine

wolverine Member

The beach trail at S. Whidby state park is washed out. A friend "earned" a nice silver there by busting his way thru the blackberry bushes down to the beach.

7. one eyed poacher

one eyed poacher New Member

When the fish finally show the whole accesable coast on the island goes nuts-it's a zoo show that you have to play in to appreciate!

The beach access on much of the island is a travesty. Does anyone know of any organization advocating to open tide line access for all? Washington the private property state!

Bent rods all. G

8. Be Jofus G

Be Jofus G Banned or Parked

Aren't Bush Pt. and Lagoon Pt open to commieunity residents only? I'm staying with family that live on the Island but not in a commieunity. :beathead:

9. theworm

theworm New Member

Bush point has public access down by the restaraunt, but I am betting that it will get crowded there really soon.