White River, Arkansas Tail waters of Bull Shoals

Discussion in 'Trip Reports with Pics' started by Bob Nix, Sep 18, 2007.

1. Bob Nix

Bob Nix too much stuff to know

First time out Fly fishing for my wife and I. We were going to visit family in Southwest Missouri and decided to go fishing in the area. Looking online I found the White River in Arkansas, 3.5 hours down the road. I found a guide online that I clicked with and set it up. We had no expectations which made this my favorite fishing day ever. So my wife never fished in her life. We took a lesson early spring at Trophy Lake and didn't fish till this day, September 8. So all I asked John Berry (Berry Brothers Guide Service, Cotter Arkansas, 870-435-2169) was to get my wife a fish. Well, after she had caught 10 by noon, we were all happy. This was a great off season trip, low fishing pressure, average amount of fish for the river and a beautiful humid and rainy day. John made a comment about stopping when the rain started, well I could tell he was not from this area. Fishing stayed good all day. Nothing huge that day, all rainbows except one small brown on a hopper. After talking to John all day I found out that we should have gone in October for the 24"+ German Browns. Next trip will have to be planned for October. Sorry no pics allowed by the wife, fashion I guess was not to her liking.

I am just glad she is hooked. More fishing to come for her and I together.