Who needs to go Las Vegas when....

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by obiwankanobi, May 9, 2013.

1. obiwankanobi Active Member

Ratings: +92 / 0
  2. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,401 / 0
    When the temps get above 90, I seek out cooler spots. Me and hot temps don't do good together.
  3. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,114 / 0
    Same here. I'm not keen on very hot nor very cold weather. One reason I like living where I do.
  4. Dipnet aka Tim Hartman

Silverdale, WA
    Ratings: +344 / 0
    Yeah, would you want to be out floatin' on the lake with the thermometer reaching into the 100s???

Not me!
    constructeur likes this.
  5. Topstoy Member

Tonasket, WA
    Ratings: +16 / 0
    Checked a couple of water temps yesterday and today. Spectacle lake was 52 a couple weeks ago and was 62 today. Aeneas is up to 68. Won't be long until the fish go to the bottom for the summer.
  6. GAT Active Member

Willamette Valley, OR
    Ratings: +2,114 / 0
    90 is bad enough. You don't think about the reflection off the lake surface until a few hours have you stop fishing and find you're baked.

I got baked last Saturday on a lake and the temps we in the lower 80s. Fortunately the water was still on the cool side so the trout were active.
  7. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,401 / 0
    The cold doesn't bother me as much as the hot weather does. I was in Chicago a few years ago in the summer time. I thought I was going to die it was so damn hot. We went to a Museum and all I did was sit in front of a air conditioner. I was cooking.