Who was that masked man @ Langlois?

Discussion in 'Stillwater' started by Mark Yoshida, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Mark Yoshida

Mark Yoshida Active Member

Went to fish Langlois afterwork yesterday. As I was setting up my rods, all 3 other boats came in with the story that action was slow and tough. One older gentleman with his wife (I assume) in a duraboat was telling me he landed 3 missed a few more. In my haste to fish, I was not really listening as close as I should to the fly he mentioned he caught his fish on. Plus I dont talk much when I fish.
    Well I cast and stripped my usual flies without sucess and even tried long lining chironomids in that very deep lake (95'+).
    I hate when I get skunked. I was ready to pull out but it was so nice to be out on such a nice afternoon. I sat looking at my flies and wondered what the h3$% to try. I then remembered what the older gentleman said. "sixpack". Well why the F not try it, or something similar.
    Ended a great day casting and stripping in 8 out of 10 the last hour and half with the largest 16" on my 3wt.
    Thanks to that masked man, who ever you were (send a PM if that was you) :thumb:. Saved my day.