Who, What, Where and Why?

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Ed Call, Feb 7, 2011.

1. GATOR9

GATOR9 Hey you guys

This is going to be a bit different because I want to go fishing with their Avatar or Profile.

OMJ-for his wit, wisdom, humor and whiskey.
    Mumbles-cause you have to have laughs.
    AvidAngler-just to give OMJ something to play with if bored.
    Bare Brothers-just to give OMJ someone to talk to.
    Hedburner-cause he needs to get out.
    Jason-just in case I get hungry.
    Jay Allyn-cause it is a party ship.
    SAJordan-only cause I don't know what the hell it is.
    Tatanka-because I love the time period and culture, love to talk to Sitting Bull.
    Wonderwoman-(profile) just because, name says it all.
    Zack Dudley-in case OMJ gets cold.
    LadyBug-just cause it is so damn cute.
    Leroy Laviolet-????? Mumbles.
    Mingo-well, you figure it out.

2. Bill Aubrey

Bill Aubrey Active Member

Mumbles--one funny dude.
    Old Man Jim--Because
    A bunch of others who seem to share a passion for fishing, the resource and laughs.

3. Roper

Roper Idiot Savant

Media:
    Mike Doughty, browns, Utah, 'cause Mike knows his shit about moving water and I don't.

Rowdy, anything, anywhere, 'cause I haven't seen him in a long time...

Yard and Bhudda, trouts, Dry Falls, so I can laugh my ass off around the evening bonfire...and get schooled during the day

My good friend Tracy, rainbows, Chopaka, 'cause that's where it all started for me decades ago...

4. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

winston churchill, skagit river, cause the man drinks scotch, and likes a good cigar

5. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Chris Scoones, Backyard, AlpineTrout, Bhudda, Matney and MacRowdy...who cares where, but not all at one time. I've heard stories.

Roper, Islander, IveofIone, Upton O and other guys in their friend group...they likely know where. Talk about an on the water education.

Trout Master, the name says it all. Add Rick and Scott to that group...and we are working that party...another on the water school is in session dumb Mumbles day.

KerryS and _WW_ this should be pretty obvious why...where? Either one of their summer fisheries to the south with two handers or one of their local fisheries with single handers. They both know why.

Except for Chris and Islander I've not yet fished with any of these folks. Only met a couple of others. Hell, nearly everyone is on my list. My total list would likely take years to accomplish, if it ever could be done.

There are a number of friends that have welcomed me into their fishing friend group. Not sure why they did that and not sure why they've not thrown me out, but I'm happy to fish with each and every one of them.

6. Philster

Philster Active Member

Media:
    We will land them on the beaches! We will land them on the Bars! A Skagit Caster does what he must - in spite of personal consequences, in spite of obstacles and dangers and pressures - and that is the basis of all human morality. [​IMG]

7. Ed Call

Media:
    Great call on Mr. Mike. That would be worth the road trip!

Salmo_g would be great too. We've met, he knows I'm a fool...and no threat to the fish.

8. bennysbuddy

Hell yes , fishing with WW is a fun day , as for hot tail walking steelies on the skagit. Unless you can get a hold of Professor Peabodys wayback machine that ain't going to happen!!

9. Trout Master

Trout Master Active Member

IveofIone------just to learn from him would be great plus he lives in a beautiful part of the state.
    Triploidjunkie---------to learn to fish Rufus
    Islander---------but thats gonna happen this friday @Pass.
    Mumbles---------because he needs a brownie and a tiger,And he is just a real nice guy.
    Jeff Bandy-------see Islander.
    Yellowlab-------He is a stillwater King,I am just a grasshopper compared to him.

10. powderglut

powderglut My Kind Of Wave

I'd like to fish the beaches of San Juan Island with Roger Stephens and Cabezon. Lots of fishing and species info to be gained there! Oh yeah and miyawaki!

11. Ed Call

Media:
    Kent Lufkin, Lugan, Thomas M. and Mike M...rules, no graphite, no disc drags. Trout should fear this group.

12. bennysbuddy

How about going to a spey clave with Albert Einstien, I'd like to see the math that explains a double spey cast!

13. Brady Burmeister

Brady Burmeister Active Member

Media:
    I'd fish with Kerry since he's not picky.

14. Loren Jensen

Loren Jensen Active Member

i've fished with chef and camoclad (nick, who is also one of my main buddies) and fished near guitarfisher, fishingcheftim, and rick dodd i think his name is. all cool guys. since i am so fresh, i would want to fish with each guy on here who is very very faimiliar with the area they are fishing, and sense of humor is huge. i can't fish with boring people. might as well fish by myself. hopefully fishing with rick todd this summer over in winthrop, looking forward to that!

15. Old Man

Old Man Just an Old Man

Media:
    Well I started out with the boss Chris and went from there. I liked to fish with Dave(wetline) because he could show me where all the bears lived at in the tree farm.. Flybill because he always wanted to pick my brain as to where the fishing holes were., I fished with Backyard, Bhudda, Roper, Ive of Ione. PWowens, and a few more jokers names that I have forgot. I met Matt Burke on the N/F Stilly while fishing with Mtlhead(Bryan) and I gave him a fly. I also tried to fish with World Angler but my head hurt from drinking to much beer and booze. I fished with Davy. It was fun. Just don't let him drink Gin.

Then there was Ron T from All About The Fly. Bart and his drinking buddy. How can anybody forget the Catfish fry at Dry Falls.. I also met Mumbles but I didn't fish with him. But I did get out with Mike D and his fuzzy hat. That was on the Wallace one time. You can also add SAK to the list. Aaron tried to teach me how to Spey cast, but it didn't take.

I made it to Three Dry falls outings. A trip to the Cowlips and one to Yakima in the fall and two Hoh downs. I met and fished many from this site. There's Jim Brodie and his buddy,damn if I can remember his name.. Went to a lake clean up with Micro Brew and Trout Master and Zen XXXXXXXX Also the Guy that runs the Washington Lakes web site.

I made it out with Rick Matney on the Missouri and the lower Ruby. There was a guy that had a web site in Montana. Wet Wade is his handle. I still have the hat and the decal on my truck.

I could add more if I could remember their names. But with me getting on in years I tend to forget Oh, I almost forgot JabSeattle.

I've gotten flies from Doc Bob, Mike Wilson, I tied a 100 flies(bloodworms) for Aaron. Never again.

16. Lugan

Lugan Joe Streamer

One trip would be with Ribka and Evan. The fishing would be secondary on this trip. The main attraction would be the car ride with me driving and moderating a political discussion between the other two.

Second trip would be with Lufkin, Mumbles, Salmo_G and probably a few other professorial types I've forgotten at the moment to fish for trout, as Mumbles already partially suggested. I think we'd get along well, but the main thing would be Mumbles and me soaking in the knowledge from the other guys, 'cause...damn. Those guys know their salmonids. I've learned a lot from them on WFF, so a trip would be great someday. in fact, we should do a quick-and-dirty cane and glass 'clave this summer on one of the forks of the Snoquamie. Seriously. <edit: I'll bing beer and food>

17. PT

PT Physhicist

Salmo G.------------Whatever, wherever, and because!

18. jeff bandy

jeff bandy Make my day

Media:
    Anyone fisher then me. But if I can chose ANYONE. It would have to be Hemingway. The stories would be great.

19. Ed Call

Media:
    Itchy Dog and Big Tuna. Itchy Dog gets to row 80% of the day. Enormous Albacore and I cover 10% each. That would keep Itchy from hooking up with all the Parr.

Who lives close to Nate? Jim Ficklin? That could be a fun trip.

Lugan, the non-graphite clave would be awesome. My summer schedule looks pretty loaded but a chance to rub elbows with those classic rod cats would be awesome.

20. Charles Sullivan

Charles Sullivan dreaming through the come down

Media:
    Home Page:
    Me, by myself, for steelhead.

Go Sox,
    cds