Why are people getting banned or parked?

Discussion in 'New Features, Site News, Issues Info.' started by TallFlyGuy, Jan 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TallFlyGuy Adipossessed!

Vancouver, WA.
    Ratings: +45 / 0
    A few others, then Coach Duff was banned, and now Haunted by waters is gone. Who else has been banned that I am unaware of, and why?
  2. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,696 / 2
    i'm surprised i've never been axed
  3. fodf Team Umiak

In my happy place.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    This Q is left best to Chris. IMHO let is lie.
  4. flybill Purveyor of fine hackle, wine & cigars!

Yes ban this low holing steelface stealing punk kid! :clown:

Okay, I'm just jealous... Mr. 3 fo 3! :cool: And you do know your beers! :beer1:
  5. Evan Burck Fudge Dragon

Duvall, wa
    Ratings: +1,696 / 2
    3 trips, 3 hookups, 2 landed. i think that's more of a 2.5 for 3
  6. Salmo_g Active Member

Your City ,State
    Ratings: +1,698 / 0
    I didn't know Duff and HBW were banned. Beats me. I liked both Duff and HBW. It's not like they were the only ones posting that are a bit shy on social skills.

Sg
  7. floatinghat Member

near enough to Seattle
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    I heard Duff was banned because someone thought he was pimping his services and complained about it?
  8. Panhandle Active Member

Selkirk Mountains, Idaho Panhandle
    Ratings: +23 / 0
    How do you know they were banned?
  9. Kent Lufkin Remember when you could remember everything?

Not sure
    Ratings: +1,226 / 0
    Perhaps because neither name is included in the members list?

K
  10. KerryS Ignored Member

Sedro Woolley, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1,784 / 0
    First most useless thread of '10
  11. NomDeTrout Fly Guy Eat Pie

Seattle,WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Back in my lurking days, I recall Coach Duff asking Chris to ban him so he can't return. He was not pleased with the way people were taking his comments, thus asking for a ban to never return.

idk about HBW, I liked his comments alot.
  12. floatinghat Member

near enough to Seattle
    That doesn't sound like the conversation I had with Duff. None the less if you own the site you can do what you want. We also don't see the stuff that happens in PM's or the "private section".
  13. KerryS Ignored Member

Sedro Woolley, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +1,784 / 0
    Lets talk about somthing worthwhile.

Floatinghat, like your handle. Everytime I see it I am reminded of fishing the Ronde and watching a member of our camp wading across the river above the cable hole. He slipped and fell in leaving only his hat floating.
  14. floatinghat Member

near enough to Seattle
    Kerry, Prior to kids I was a very aggressive wader. The friend who got me into flyfishing said one night over some beverages. " Keep it up and one day there will be nothing left but a floatinghat". I have come close on the Thompson a few times but that is not an exclusive club :).
  15. Chris Scoones Administrator

North Bend
    Ratings: +302 / 0
    That's the second time you've stepped on this subject, approaching without facts and out of line. Seams your approach is just to stir things up. A notice was given a bit ago regarding a push to moderate things a bit. May not be fresh in your mind, perhaps you missed it, but take note that while tossing folks is very infrequent it'll still be done as needed, irregardless of one's past activity or how tall their friends are.

As for calling this out openly in an attempt to undermine the moderators, the better approach is to take it offline with a PM to me directly.

Thread closed.

Chris
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.