Why I love Steelhead

Discussion in 'Steelhead' started by South Sound, Dec 21, 2004.

1. Cast, Cast, Cast, Cast, Step. Cast, Cast, Cast, Step. Cast, WHAM. Oh my god, oh my god. FI, FI, Fish, FISH ON. The sing of the reel and heart beat in my fingers, thinking, don't screw this up. The fish is pulling deeper and deeper. It is a big one. Then the flash of a monster rising from the depths to my hand, but not yet he runs again into my backing. Finally the fish is brought up to the shore and in this case spit the hook while at my feet. Oh well it is better to loved and lost then to never have loved at all, so they say. I want to get back out the next day and spend a good day fishing for the chance at another great fish.
  2. Oneweight Member

Seattle, Washington.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    sounds like one heck of a whitefish! congrats ;)
  3. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Ratings: +1,397 / 0
    Yeah,and today is just the day to do it. It is raining and cold and there seems to be a little snow in what is falling out of the sky. And I suppose that with all the rain this morning that the rivers will go on the rise again :( . It seems that we can never get what we want for ideal conditions :( .

Jim
  4. Jay Allyn The Poor-Student Fly Fisher

Bellingham/Puyallup, WA
    Jim: What rain? I look outside and see clouds and a few blue clouds but no rain. The street's dry. I just don't see any rain! :p
  5. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    It's been raining all day in Marysville. And it is also a very cloudy day with no sun breaks. :(

Jim
  6. Davy Active Member

SIlverton, OR
    Ratings: +16 / 0
    Not raining in Marysville right now-- get the rods!!!!...forget it, its raining again now.
  7. Flip The dumb kid

Lk Stevens WA
    the rain tapered off.. i THINK but yea, it did rain all morning. bawling:
  8. BOBLAWLESS New Member

Port Ludlow, WA, USA.
    As for me, I don't mind losing a fish if I can just get a good look at it. What I hate is a big, screeming run and then nothing. No jumps. NO rolls. No nutin'. Always a pisser.

Bob, the It was probably a world record fish but how will I ever know? :ray1:
  9. Zen Piscator Supporting wild steelhead, gravel to gravel.

Missoula, MT
    Ratings: +12 / 0
    My least favorite way of loosing fish would have to be either the run or the first jump. I hooked a steelie yesterday and it jumped about 2 secounds into the fight. Amazing, but sad when the hook came free.

Peace,
    Andy
  10. Davy Active Member

SIlverton, OR
    Ratings: +16 / 0
    With me it's cast,cast,cast,step,fall,get up,cast,cast and go dry off before I freeze.
  11. Old Man Just an Old Man

Dillon, Mt
    Well if we are into the casting thing. My way is cast,cast,cast,go sit down. And then cast,cast,cast and sit down again. Bad back. :rofl: :rofl: As someone mentioned,I'd be better off taking a chair with me.

Jim