Why wouldn't I want a Loop Classic? (if the price was right)

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by ignatius, Apr 26, 2011.

1. stewart dee

stewart dee Guest

I would buy a bucket of chicken from Ezells first.

2. golfman65

golfman65 Guest

You prick..your getting an Olson??? Drag or clicker pawl?...

and yes I had a classic...but at the same price I picked the sara as well...I love that thing...Sheeit...i've been looking at those olsons too....Man, think a bob clay comes before that though...:)

3. Panhandle

Panhandle Active Member

Media:
    Drag, I'm not that classic :)

4. Cougar97

Cougar97 Member

Media:
    The Classic is a fine reel compared to the others in this thread IMHO, to each his own. I have both a 79 and 58, use the 58 on a 12' 6" echo DH 6wt and it balances fine. I almost feel the 79 is too big for many of the Eastside rivers except for the CW. Never used a Saracione but could never find one for the price a paid for the Classics. Got the 79 for less than $500 and the 58 for $350 both new. I was fortunate to know a dealer that had to blow them out when he closed his shop.
    :beer2:

Tight Lines,
    Cougar97

5. Mark Walker

Mark Walker Active Member

6. Philster

Philster Active Member

Media:
    I'm not big on red things. But just like the right sports car, I can really enjoy looking at one someone else has. That red classic is mighty pretty. Like I said earlier, If they had higher capacity I would have had the big one a long time ago! Black though...

7. Mark Walker

Mark Walker Active Member

Thanks Philster. The only reason I got the red was it was NIB, one of only one hundred made and $400,
    I had the black one, but traded it. I'll find another black one most likely. I like 'em.

8. Philster

Philster Active Member

Media:
    That's beyond a no-brainer... That's one of the craziest deals I've heard of for a NIB reel of that quality.

9. ignatius

ignatius New Member

Well I bit the bullet and got a classic 10-13 for under 5 bills ( the most expensive piece of fishing equipment I own) I am waiting for delivery next week. Probably crazy to buy one for that kind of money without trying it out first but figure I can get my money back out of it if I don't like it. Appreciate all the opinions and advice contributed.

10. Cougar97

Cougar97 Member

Media:
    Nice.......... Almost got the 58 in red, sold right before I got there:beathead:

11. stewart dee

stewart dee Guest

Man I have a 10/13 for 350 bucks!

12. golfman65

golfman65 Guest

at that price you'll be quite happy with it I'll bet...

goddamn Pan...now put the olson bug in me...

13. dreamonafly

dreamonafly Member

Media:
    Golf.. the Olson not get you into anymore fish right? Just look better on the river right? You big money you

Btw just don't forget us little peoples on the river

14. stewart dee

stewart dee Guest

Yeah Golf? Does the reel get you into more fish? You are such a pimp! You should wear that big gold chain you have.

15. golfman65

golfman65 Guest

No jimmy, I won't be buying one..I'll drool over them as they are works of art appreciated by guys who fish and know what such a reel will do...Not guys who listen to birds tell them nonsense and then preach it on here ... Kind of like the Tibor you blew up and said "looked no good" or the boutique rods you dog without thought that they are custom made and appreciated by the owners over mass produced rods..Or that sweet hatch I let you have for 400 as I believed you were poor and just getting into the sport and really needed it....but you resold for a nice mark up and then dogged everything we told or tried to show you..

See my sara does everything I need it for..mainly if I'm fishing for something that might need the drag..otherwise I have it turned right down...For that amount of money I would instead start talk to bob clay and get one of his bamboo rods...way big pimpin...but of course it's not a sage or gloomis so the warranty would suck for you...you wouldn't like how it casts so would think it another boutique rod....and if you were standing on the side of the river not fishing...guys would only look at you and shake their heads on what a waste...

No good deed goes unpunished right?

16. dreamonafly

dreamonafly Member

Media:
    Hello Paul..

Don't know where I step on your tail, but I never ever dogged you for you teaching or guidance. I love the meiser and the hatch.. I don't ever intend to sell it, I love it so much, I don't know were you or who told you I sold it. Stewart was just kidding.. so I apology..its been a tough season this winter, I will see you in the salt..

btw she in good hand!!!!!!
    View attachment 41047 View attachment 41048

17. stewart dee

stewart dee Guest

Golfman

You BooKoo Dinky Dau

18. bennysbuddy

bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

I like the way you think, very stylish reels

19. ralfish

ralfish Active Member

this is getting real funny...or pathetic...

20. craigos

craigos New Member

Golfman, what reel is the attached image?