Wiggle Dub

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by Chester Allen, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Chester Allen

Chester Allen Fishing addict and scribbler

Home Page:
    Anyone else out there using this stuff from Hareline Dubbin? I found out about it while reading the Spring edition of Fly Tyer magazine -- Dave Klausmeyer did a nice story about this, which is rabbit fur mixed with tiny rubber legs.

I tied up a bunch of flies, and they look very lively while riding a dropper leader below a dry fly. I've hooked some nice fish on Washington's Deschutes and Oregon's Deschutes during the past couple of weeks....

2. Brian Thomas

Brian Thomas Active Member

I`ve tied up some Micro Leeches with it . I like the results so far .

3. Jacob Peterson

Jacob Peterson Member

I love that stuff, it produces some really nice buggy flies and is perfect for going behind beadheads for making legs. I haven't had a chance to fish the little d with them, but they should slay.

4. Big E

Big E Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Pics?

5. Loopy

Loopy Member

I was just about to start a new thread enquiring about this stuff. I anm being invited to buy some of this but before doing so would like to see a couple of examples. Particularly from WFF tyers if possible.

6. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Kelvin tied up a nifty bead head nymph with that dubbing for a swap we had a while back. I'll try to find a photo and post it. Very cool stuff. His fly was the first I had seen with this dubbing with rubber thread inside it, buggy indeed.

http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/board/attachment.php?attachmentid=20301&d=1240007890

Not sure why this photo is not in the gallery with the rest of the flies from the swap but Kelvin posted it in the thread. I'm sure I screwed up the upload somehow. Hope this one works. If not it is in the Fresh and Salt Face To Face Swap post number 56.

7. Loopy

Loopy Member

Ed

Thanks a lot those flies look really buggy. I'll take the plunge and have a littlte play.

:beer1: