Wild Steelhead Coalition Benefit Features Steve Raymond Nov 19th

Discussion in 'Events' started by Bob Triggs, Oct 14, 2005.

1. Bob Triggs

Bob Triggs Stop Killing Wild Steelhead!

Media:
    Home Page:
    The Wild Steelhead Coalition
    3rd Annual Benefit Auction
    Bellevue Sheraton Hotel*
    November 19, 2005
    6:00 P.M.

It's almost here! Before you know it, another fall will be behind us and the hopes of strong winter runs will be on the horizon. The Wild Steelhead Coalition has invited it's membership, supporters and friends to gather for our best event to date. This year's event will have many great items up for auction as well as in our raffle. Come and bid for that guide trip to remember, or the fun item that you just can't live without.

This year's featured speaker will be Steve Raymond; who is best known for his many books, essays and articles, amongst them "Steelhead Country", and for his close relationship with Wild Steelhead and the Pacific Northwest environment.

Attendees will also see a very special slide show created by Jeff Bright; author and photographer of "Found in a River".

To end the evening, we will introduce this year's Annual WSC Conservation Award winner.

a Sumptuous dinner will be served; (Stuffed Chicken Breast, Grilled London Broil and Vegetarian options), and a cash bar will be open for all beverages.

Please come and support our biggest fundraiser of the year, and have a great time helping to save our Wild Steelhead. The cost is $35.00 per person and the room has a limited capacity so advance registration is required. Credit cards are accepted.

Contact Information:

www.wildsteelheadcoalition.com (see online printable form for reservations, and check out that auction and raffle item list!)

Jim Schmitz: lostriver99@yahoo.com
    John Case: johncase@microsoft.com

*Bellevue Sheraton 425-455-3330 ext 255 [Andrea Larson] Room Reservations for attendees of this event have a special rate for 11/18 or 11/19.

2. Bob Triggs

Media:
    Home Page:
    I bumped this up for your review.

Here is your opportunity to put your money where your heart is and support one of the region's best efforts toward saving our Wild Steelhead.

I learned today that the WSC Auction managers have their hands full with a near avalanche of quality stuff for the Banquet raffles and auction items. Last year I went home with nearly $300 in items for a twenty dollar raffle ticket investment. It was well worth the price of dinner to be amongst such folk, all dedicated to the restoration of our Wild Steelhead runs.

This year there is even more items- most of it fly fishing stuff- and entertainment; with Steve Raymond speaking, and a slide show too. I cant wait. Im told they had to move it to a larger room but there are only about a dozen seats left. The dinner is saturday the 19th so get a call into them NOW!

www.wildsteelheadcoalition.com (Seethe auction page for more info!)

3. Raven

Raven New Member

See you there Bob!

Leland.

4. FlyShopKristin

FlyShopKristin Going Online

Media:
    Home Page:
    This sounds great - wish we could be there, but we're headed out of town for a couple days.

-Kristin

5. TomB

TomB Active Member

wish i could be there...unfortunately i am stuck in Maine for the time being

6. Steve Rohrbach

Steve Rohrbach Puget Sound Fly Fisher

Media:
    I attended the Wild Steelhead Coalition Benefit and had a great time. There were approx. 90 people in attendance to support efforts to promote the health of Wild Steel. Steve Raymond gave a very entertaining talk trying to capture what it is that keeps many of us captivated by wild steelhead. His talk did a summary of some of the best writing in fishing literature, several references that I had not heard of before.
    There was a one dollar and five dollar raffle with great prizes including numerous rods and reels. The live auction had 28 items ranging from CND spey rods to a guided trip with Bob Triggs. While auctioneer Keith Robbins kept repeating that this was a fund raiser, not a garage sale there were some tremendous bargains.
    I would strongly encourage anyone who is interested in promoting wild steelhead take advantage of this outstanding event next year. I hope to see you there.

7. Salmo_Gairdneri

Salmo_Gairdneri Another Fly Fisher

Entertaining indeed...plus, my wife and I came away with 1 reel from Avid Angler, 1 from Creekside, a Sage 890FLi, an 8-9-10 Rio windcutter and an 8wt Rio Steelhead/Atlantic Salmon line! Must be around $700 worth of stuff.

-tony

8. Bob Triggs

Media:
    Home Page:
    Dinner was very good. Had anice cold beer. Sat with a few old friends and some new ones too. The speech by Steve Raymond was really something special for anyone in love with rivers and wild fish. A call to action and an occasion for hope.

The auction items were impressive and the bidding was strong on many items. And there were a few surprizes too, like Tom Mcguanes spey rod.:eek:

The raffles were stuffed to the hilt, A lot of very nice stuff too; I bought a few tickets and I went home with a Wheatly fly box, a Cortland Coupon, a Ketchum Release Tool, and a nice 10-weight fifteen-foot Hardy Spey Rod!!!

WoooHooo! :cool: (dont hate me if you aint me!)

And all for the love of Wild Steelhead.

If you werent there-you were definately square!

(Please, dont come next year: Im already saving for the next raffle extravaganza...I need a spey reel!

9. Porter

Porter Active Member

Don't forget to post next years event...I would like to attend. And I marked my calendar to start watching for the event in Sept/Oct.

10. Bob Triggs

Media:
    Home Page:
    Oh I will.
    And dont you forget to go to the site: www.wildsteelheadcoalition.com
    And drop them a note to have you put on their email list too.
    Membership has its rewards...

11. circlespey

circlespey Member

Media:
    I wanted to thank everyone who made it out to the WSC benefit auction this year. In the end I think we just about doubled the amount of money we made on the event compared to last year, thanks to a good items, great attendance, and a lot of generosity.

We are hoping to expand the event next year to make that even more possible, and we will definitely post the event well in advance again. We'll also try to separate it from the Apple Cup a bit more...