Willapa Bay Hunting

Discussion in 'Cast & Blast' started by Jonathan Walkenberg, Oct 27, 2009.

1. Jonathan Walkenberg Member

renton, wa
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Does anyone on here hunt down on the Willapa? I have a sister that lives down in Ilwaco and we are looking at having thanksgiving down there. I was hoping to be able to get out and hunt while I am there. Any help would be great.
    thank you all
  2. Randy Sheaff New Member

Redmond, WA
    And just what do you to hunt?
    I have a house outside of Long Beach for about 20 years.
  3. Jonathan Walkenberg Member

renton, wa
    Anything i suppose. I have heard the waterfowling down there can be very good but i dont know. I would think there are grouse in them hills as well.
  4. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +544 / 0
    I saw some animals around here, and south of here, a few times. I don't hunt, anymore, but yes there's some grouse in the Willapa Hills. Plenty of coyotes, some black bears, and a maybe even a couple of Elk. Don't know the exact seasons and good areas, though. Some of my hunter friends around Grayland tell me that lately blacktail bucks have been harder to find around here than in some recent years. I need to get a dayglow hat so I can go hike in somewhere to go fishing.
    Some hunters go after waterfowl around here. After the smoke clears on day one, the fowl get rather spooky, though.
    Since I don't hunt, i usually see a lot of animals and waterfowl when I'm out kayaking on the estuaries and lower rivers. Lots of geese and ducks. Often see Elk. But I don't know enough to advise you of any spots.

I know this is rambling, and useless, but I'm practicing to take over for Old Man Jim when his shakes get too bad for him to hit the keyboard.:rofl:

Below is a typical scene from a kayaking cruise in a local estuary.
  5. D3Smartie Active Member

WA
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    great picture Jim! That would be a real treat to see while chasing cutts.
  6. wannafish In search of Blinky...

Puyallup, WA
    Ratings: +4 / 0
    Love those river mouths down there! It's like stepping back in time 50 or 100 years in some places!
  7. Kim Hampton Not Politically Correct

Tacoma, Wa

Roberts Ranch???