NFR Wind Map

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Evan Burck, Mar 28, 2012.

1. Gary Thompson dirty dog

East Wenatchee, WA
    Ratings: +131 / 0
    I'm with Sue.
    If the wind is over 8 mph the fishing is gonna suck.
  2. Olive bugger Active Member

Woodinville, WA
    Ratings: +408 / 0
    Now thee is some sage advice. :D

I thought I saw Dry Falls on that map. Must be early afternoon.
  3. Lugan Joe Streamer

Beautiful View, WA
    Ratings: +760 / 2
    Works fine in IE9 and IE10 (beta version). If you're using IE8 or earlier, that may be the problem.
  4. Jim Wallace Smells like low tide

Somewhere on the Coast
    Ratings: +539 / 0
    You guys are lucky. 8 mph is almost a dead calm situation here. #$?&*@!% wind!

Heh, heh. I'm almost done converting my Tarpon into a sailing yak. I'm gonna harness thast beotch and get some work outa her!

I wish I could have seen that yesterday. I went for a beach walk and got a good leg workout walking into the wind for about a mile. It was like going up a steep hill. Gusts to 40. Nearly flew on the return, with the wind at my back.

Even works in Safari
  5. Freestone Not to be confused with freestoneangler

Ratings: +1,170 / 0
    Jim, unfortunately 8 mph is calm here too, at least in the spring. The forecast for the Dry Falls opener is "Winds from the SW at 15 to 25 mph. Breezy" 25 mph always seems like more than "Breezy" when you're trying to cast in a tube! I hate wind! (unless I'm sailing) Luckily, by mid-July, we'll be back to calm days again.
  6. JE Active Member

Great NW
    Ratings: +51 / 0
    Evan,
    Really neat map, came across it at lunch today. I'm a junior high science teacher and forwarded this to my cohorts in our district-they were pumped too. Just today we did a lab on convection currents and air masses. I followed up with your wind map on our class interactive whiteboard. Right away my 7th grade students were saying stuff like 'that's why all that crazy stuff happens in tornado alley!' Perfect timing to post that puppy, thanks.
    -JE
    Evan Burck likes this.
  7. Kaiserman content

Ratings: +401 / 0
    That is cool Evan, thanks!