FS Winston GVX 9' 5 wt - $270

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by aplTyler, May 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aplTyler

aplTyler Inept Steelheader

Selling my used Winston GVX 9' 5 wt. It's in 8/10 condition (just a few very minor surface scratches and some scratching on the butt-end metal portion of the reel seat) and has the original Winston green rod tube and rod sock. The warranty has already been registered under my name on this rod...

Very true medium-fast action Winston2.jpg Winston3.jpg Winston1.jpg that is reminiscent of the Winston Biix series. I like to pair it with a Rio Gold or SA Mastery Trout Stalker line. Great for dry fly fishing, nymphing, etc and fishing to 60' or so. Think accurate and lightweight when describing the GVX. This rod came in 3rd place at last year's Reds Fly Shop 5 wt shootout.

I'd like to get $270 shipped in the CONUS. As far as trades go, I'm looking for a little quicker action rod for some bigger water work. I'm most interested in Sage VXP 5 wts in the 9' or 9'6" length.

2. aplTyler

Pending...

3. Steve Shirley

Steve Shirley New Member

Is this still for sale? Would it still have warranty coverage if its in your name?

4. aplTyler

It is pending sale right now. If something changes, I will update the board to say still available. The warranty is only valid for the original owner...

5. aplTyler

Officially SOLD... thanks for the interest though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.