FS Winston WT 8'6" 6wt. 3pc. NEW w/Warranty Card

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by sagebass, Nov 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sagebass

sagebass Active Member

For sale is a "new" Winston WT 8'6" 6wt. 3pc. rod, tube and sock. The rod has been test cast only. I purchased this rod new a couple weeks ago on clearance at Fishwest. I love the action of the WT series, and the 6wt. is particularly pleasing. I believe the 8'6" 6wt. is among the best in the WT series. It has a medium action with a crisp recovery. I am selling this rod to fund the purchase of a Winston WT 7'6" 2wt. that I picked up yesterday. I favor lighter lined rods, so the 2wt. will be used more frequently.
    I am asking $365 shipped to the lower 48 states. Paypal preferred. PM or email me at coltrane45@hotmail.com with questions or if interested.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Colt

2. David Loy

David Loy Senior Moment

Dammit Colt, you are wired into my wish list. I've wanted this rod for years. Whattodo whattodo whattodo...
    Someone help me here.

3. sagebass

sagebass Active Member

Ha. Sorry David. This may possibly help you out. The rod is sold. It went really fast. I can tell you that it is a very sweet casting rod. It is one step faster than the 8'0" 5/6wt. Steffen. The Winston shoots line a bit better due to the crisper recovery. However, if I were pushed to decide, I still prefer the Steffen 5/6wt for my overall preferences. The Steffen flexes a little deeper and it is so smooth with just enough power to handle most situations without overpowering smaller fish.

I am having George Minculete ( http://tightloopflyrods.blogspot.com/ ) build me another 8'0" 5/6wt. Steffen 4pc. I was going to keep the Winston 6wt. to compliment the Steffen until I happened upon the Winston WT 7'6" 2wt. yesterday which has been on my wish list for some time. It is a rod that doesn't come around very often.

Colt

4. David Loy

David Loy Senior Moment

Yes, thanks, I think that helps. At least I can go home tonight with a clear conscience.
    I am having fun with the 5/6. I frequently hit a local dock and sometimes I actually fish. As often I'm trying this line with that rod, or swapping reels, or whatever. Yesterday (all day at work) I imagined throwing shooting heads with another glass rod, but took the Steffen along to try the line on it with rod #2. I am constantly fidgeting. Not surprisingly though, the Steffen won the day, again. Such a light tip but it can throw meat too. Feels like a 5 but has more poop. She's a sweetie for sure. I have seen pics of some of George's builds. Outstanding!
    Still, a 6wt WT would be a fantastic rod. I have a 5wt WT I like but, it's not a 6.

5. David Loy

David Loy Senior Moment

Not to go on and on, but this is the most succinct description of the Steffen 5/6 yet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.