Winter Authority question

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by johnnyd, Oct 15, 2012.

1. johnnyd Member

Bellingham, WA
    Ratings: +7 / 2
    I just got my 8/9 Winter Authority 55 for my new Burkheimer 8139-3 in the mail today and took to the river to see how it all cast for the first time. After I got done messing around with it with and without the floating tip I took it all apart and I am not sure which ends attaches to the tip and which one attaches to the running line. I am pretty sure the thicker end with the smaller loop attaches to the tip but I am not positive.
  2. speyforsteel Degenerate Caster

Eastern Washington
    Ratings: +3 / 0
    The rear of the line has a much faster taper as in it gets small to big in a shorter distance.
    Also the diameter of the rear of the tip should match the diameter of the looped end it attaches to,generally the loop at the rear of the line is smaller than the loop the tip attaches to.
    Hope this helps.
  3. golfman65 dude...

blaine wa.
    Ratings: +86 / 0
    FYI, I tried the 55 and 45 on that rod ( I have it as well) Much preferred the 45' one...if you get a chance try it out..
  4. johnnyd Member

Bellingham, WA
    I am going to have to try the 45. After buying my first Nextcast Fall Favorite 45 for my Sage One 6126 I've become in love with these lines and buying more of them for my other rods. I have a feeling eventually I'll get them mixed up. Does any one have some kind of system for labeling them?
  5. Speycraft1 New Member

Ratings: +0 / 0
    Until we come up with a labeling system for nextcast lines what I have been doing is using a fine tip permanent marker to label them. The belly section on those lines is pretty thick and that's where I label them.
  6. golfman65 dude...

blaine wa.
    That's funny as I mark them as well but have forgotten to do the floating tips..I have that line in 6 -7-8 and screwed them all up...now I got to go back and weight and mark them as well..
  7. johnnyd Member

Bellingham, WA
    I didn't even think about making the tips. I'll make sure I do that as well.
  8. sopflyfisher Active Member

Where the fish are located
    Ratings: +261 / 0
    Are these lines made in the rio factory?
  9. golfman65 dude...

blaine wa.
    Yes...
  10. danimal Inglorious Twohander

michiana,SW lk mich
    Ratings: +6 / 0
    Hard to believe the way they cast isnt it..Simon Hsieh is a line master in my books.WA 55 and FF 70 R really nice fishing lines... Nevr cast a 45 so I cant relate my experience of them..Sure they R awesome tho..