Winter Lake Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Irafly, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

Sorry for the delay!!!!!

Reread the original, it has been updated.

Ira..

2. Mark Horwath

Mark Horwath Member

I'am in Ira send me a pm on how this works ,I have not been involved in one before.
    I'll tie my #10 black bugger I used at lone.
    Mark

3. Mark Horwath

Mark Horwath Member

I'am in fill me in on details.
    mark

4. Jeff Studebaker

Jeff Studebaker Kayak Fly Angler

My first fly swap too. Is there a secret handshake?

5. Jeff Dodd

Jeff Dodd Active Member

Looks like there is room for 1 more. If so, I will commit to a chartreuse sparkle leach that has been fishing well this winter. If we're doing 2 patterns, I'll pick a second.

Thanks Ira

My first fly swap as well. Looking forward to new patterns.

6. Mark Yoshida

Mark Yoshida Active Member

Jeff
    That fly was money!!! I am coming up this weekend, just trying to figure out the weather and wind since its a 3 day weekend.

7. Rick Todd

Rick Todd Active Member

Ira-Pm sent, if there is still room I'll hop in. rick

8. Jeff Studebaker

Jeff Studebaker Kayak Fly Angler

I'll add a red-cheeked buzzer - my second most successful winter fly. Thanks again, Ira, for running this swap. Looking forward to expanding my winter stillwater tactics with new flies.

9. Blue

Blue Active Member

Winter Lake Swap Closed

I am not on the list, but that is cool, I will catch one later on

10. Jeff Dodd

Jeff Dodd Active Member

Winter Lake Swap Closed

I may have jumped into your spot Blue... unintentional. If this is closed you're welcome to take my position Blue.

Jeff

11. Blue

Blue Active Member

I am good, really.

12. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

Don't know how I missed you Blue. Stay in and folks can tie more or someone is bound to drop out.

Ira..

13. Chef

Chef New Member

Blue needs to be on the list. I will tie extra.

14. I am game for tying an extra for blue. Blue sparked my interest in leeches so i will tie a chironomid of some sort and a leech of some sort. My two go-tos for winter....

15. nailbender

nailbender Active Member

I'm with Chef and Camo

16. Blue

Blue Active Member

Thanks guys, I am tying 14. I did a bloodige and I think a Platte River Spider...killer fly.

17. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

Blue is sooooo in. With 14 tiers, you only need to tie 13 (unless you want me to send you your own fly back or you want to have me randomly send out extra flies to other tiers, I like that, I may just throw in a bonus fly or two for fun.

Ira..

18. Blue

Blue Active Member

On other ties, the ones involved would tie the number of flies as people. The extra flies were then given to someone in need or whatever.
    We did one once where I auctioned off the box full of two fly ties and I sent the money (which by the way ended up $200.) to Orvis which doubled that amount for CFR. Or we have made up a box for some member on the forum. Just a thought. What is one more fly.

19. So from what i understand. I am tying two patterns. 13 each....for a grand total of 26 flies...Am i correct?

20. Irafly

Irafly Active Member

I like this idea. If someone ties extras, I'll find an appropriate way to disripute them back out to the universe (don't worry not on the end of my line).