Winter Lake Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Irafly, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Irafly Active Member

Everett, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +897 / 1
    Nope, I posted earlier that I found them at Ted's in Lynwood and yes they were Daiichis.

Ira..
  2. Irafly Active Member

Jeff Dodd and Rick Todd or was that Jeff Todd and Rick Dodd either way both the "odd" guys flies arrived today. Nice mids Todd and that chartruese bugger looks wicked Jeff.

Ira..
  3. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Got 12 of the 28 done! :)
  4. Irafly Active Member

Chef, you only need to tie 26. 13 of each or 26 of the same kind. Unless that is you want to throw in a couple extra for charity or me or some other poor fool. As for that, now you'll end up with two of my bloodworms.

Ira
  5. Bob Jones Still truckless now farther away

Here we go In the mail tomorrow. Good luck!!
  6. Jeff Studebaker Kayak Fly Angler

Mount Vernon, Wa
    Ratings: +13 / 0
    Hurry up guys! There's only 3 or 4 months of Winter left...
  7. Irafly Active Member

I think all will be in on time, a rarity in the a swap. Camo's mids came in today and I even though winter might stick around all these flies will fish year round, this is turning out to be a great swap!

Ira..
  8. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    dropping mine off to my friend (yes ira... thats you) this week.
  9. Camo Clad Warrior Member

Sedro-Woolley,WA
    Ratings: +10 / 0
    Thanks Ira. One of the few fliesof mine that I was satisfied with
  10. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +163 / 5
    Hey Jeff, what are you using for the tail material? I can't believe I didn't see this swap sooner.:beathead:
  11. Jeff Dodd Active Member

Langley, WA
    Ratings: +322 / 0
    Chartreuse Green Rabbit

I'll hand a few of these off to you soon Steve. This is Clarence's pattern.
    Jeff

12. Irafly Active Member

Ron, I tried imagine something exactly like that soft hackle for a few slurper days I've come across but could not quite put my finger on it. That fly does not go into my box until I tie many many more of them. At first I thought you tied my exactly 13 extra flies with nice little tags each, guess I'll send those beautiful bugs out to everyone as well.

Just waiting on Jones and Chefs.

Ira..
  13. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    Ira: I will call you tonight to deliver.
  14. Bob Jones Still truckless now farther away

I thought we were bringing with us saturday.
  15. Bob Jones Still truckless now farther away

My recipe for the two flies. the chronomid Hook TMC 3769 #16. Thread Premium 6/0 black or white, 4 black beads #11 or #15 , Gills White ostrich herl, and / or white bead size 10. okay? now the Damsel nymph.Hook TMC #300 Size #10/12 About a dozen weaps of medium lead wire, Thread danv. 6/0 olive. Tail and wing marabou olive. Body wool yarn and special olive synthetic sparkle yarn twisted and wrapped around body That's it. thanks
  16. Irafly Active Member

Nope, as soon as I saw it I recognized its value, can't believe I don't have it in my box already, I'm almost literally itching to use it.

Ira..
  17. Chef New Member

Seattle, WA
    ira: gotta drop them off tomorrow. Wife is pissed at me for coming home late.
  18. Irafly Active Member

All Flies Are in, and they were all in on time. Last flies dropped off at 8:30 PM on the 3rd. I would have had them all shipped out on Friday but my day Friday ended up being a tad too exhausting so shipped them out around 11:00 AM today. Some should see them Monday others will have to wait until Tuesday or in Blue's case, I'm not sure. Those picking up might even see them today.

As for me, heck I've already fished a couple patterns and caught fish on mrcoachman's pattern.

Next up, let's post a little best of: Like: Best looking fly as far as asthetic apeal, The fly most likely to catch fish, The fly that did catch you the most fish other than your own or one tied by your fishing buddy, Best tag, Fly you are most likely going to imitate the quickest before you lose it... Add your own categories if you like.

I should have the photo's up today. For those that did not tag their flies, I tried to keep track and I'll identify your fly in the photos if I got it wrong, let me know. I'll post a link here when they are done. When the photo's are up we all expect recipes if you don't we will bug you until you do.

Lastly, if you look throught the photo's and realize that you have extra's or you are missing a fly let me know, I tried real hard to make sure that everyone ended up with everything but with over 364 flies I might have messed up somewhere, heck at the end I almost forgot to add my own flies to the mix because I was so busy separating out all yours. Man that would have made me the biggest swapmeister heel ever.

Great! Swap.

Ira...
  19. Camo Clad Warrior Member

Sedro-Woolley,WA
    Ratings: +10 / 0
    Sweet! Cant wait to see them
  20. Irafly Active Member

Ok, here is the link http://www.washingtonflyfishing.com/gallery/u1405-irafly.html

For some reason or another, I messed up and it did not end up in the fly swap sub category. So now it is in my album. If you have better pics (Like I think Rick's pics of his flies are better on this thread) feel free to post them here, trust me you will not hurt my feelings. MrCoachman, I still have your recipe, I'll put it up for you under your bug.

Ira..