Winter on Marrowstone/Indian

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by jonbackman, Oct 28, 2006.

1. My family has a cabin on Marrowstone Island, and I have enjoyed some exciting SRC fishing there during this past summer. What I am wondering is, do the SRC's continue to bite through the winter, or does it pretty much taper off as fall winds down? If no cutts, has anyone had much success with another species around there during the winter? I spend a lot of time at that cabin, year-round, and I am curious if I have any promising options as the weather gets colder. Thanks for any ideas.
    -jonbackman:thumb:

2. The fish continue to feed year round, but their diet and habits are cyclical.When smolt and baith fish thin out, SRC's feed on what is locally available, shrimp like things and sculpins, worms and Knudsens's Spiders..
    In some cases the fish may go up the local drainages, but usually not ALL are gone from the salt at the same time.

Pick up a copy of Les Johnson's new book on coastal cutthroat at your local shop and ask them to recommend some patterns and techniques for your area.

3. Book is great. I recommend it. Full of amazing information and it's put together beautifully too.