Winter Steelhead Swap 1

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Arthur Vakulchik, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Eric Tarcha

Eric Tarcha gear whore

Media:
    Well, the E Truder did its job at lunch today!!!! :thumb:

2. Matthew Gulbranson

Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Media:
    Oh, Hell Yeah Eric!! Way to go! Wish I could get out this weekend.

3. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

Media:
    Nice photoshopping there Eric. We know there are no fish in the rivers and you are too close to delivery to have any free time to fish!
    Glad you got out and got after it.

4. Eric Tarcha

Eric Tarcha gear whore

Media:
    Yeah guys, I am just trying to get out one last time, one last time, one last time....

no baby yet and I had a free couple hours at lunch today and it was so nice out so i went fishing.

I hooked and landed that fish 20 minutes into the run i was fishing, got it to the beach snapped a few pics and then he got his revenge... the fish spazzed out, flipped up and landed on my rod tip, snapping it (my Beaulah that i made!!!). that led to a rock shampooing. bummed about the rod, stoked about the fish.

he also fought like a wet sock (not that I am complaining), bastard.

5. Matthew Gulbranson

Matthew Gulbranson Resident Swinger

Media:
    Man, bummer about the rod. That is always a sad day when something like that happens. For me though, it's always on a fishless day when I'm doing something stupid. Nice job tagging into the wet sock. You know I am in the same boat as you, but I've at least got a few more months before fishing ceases. We can commiserate later about all our lost time on the water. Knowing my luck there will be an epic late run of steel in any given river that I won't be able to get to. Treasure that fish my friend, it might be the last one for a while.

Cheers,
    Matthew

6. Eric Tarcha

Eric Tarcha gear whore

Media:
    Matthew, fish early and often the next few months and I want pics to live vicariously through. I will definitely be keeping that fish in the forefront of my mind as you are right, it may be the last for while. good luck and keep me up to date on you and your wife's pregnancy! I will let you know when I can get out and maybe we can meet up for a quick session.

7. docspratley

docspratley New Member

Great job on the flies. Hope to try them soon. Cold and nasty on the east side, we are getting your rain.

8. Landon

Landon Member

arthur im late by almost a year on your intruder swap! how does or did it work? i love tieing big sexy intruders... i want to trade/swap with a few people. when will you do it again? im no master at tieing but i do have fun at it. thanks