Winter Trout Swap

Discussion in 'Fly Swaps' started by Connor H, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Eric Tarcha gear whore

Seattle, WA
    Ratings: +12 / 0
  2. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,355 / 9
    I picked up three packages at the post office today, no flies. Nothing in my home mailbox. Maybe your postal carrier opened a fly shop or picked up a fly rod and needed some bugs to toss? My recent opinion of the USPS is declining sharply, I'm sure we'll see them...someday.
  3. twinlakesleach MurkyLurker

Chehalis, Washington
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    This is just plain crazy. I am wondering if this all just a dream, and that i never really joined this swap :beathead: I think i am going to go eat a fly box of Muddlers bawling:

TLL
  4. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    I've tied some spun deer hair flies...I love eating those scraps. I've been in a few swaps lately that I've tied early and submitted...the wait has been agonizing...but the end results are well worth it.
  5. sharpshooter223 Member

richland/pullman, wa
    well, i just got the flies today, i guess its called snail mail for a reason
  6. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    sharpshooter223 filled me with excitement. I ran up to the mailbox...empty. Maybe next week.
  7. Connor H Bobbers n Beadz

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +8 / 0
    JESUS!!! FINALLY!!!
  8. sharpshooter223 Member

richland/pullman, wa
    i also live the closest to moses lake, the shipping distance is usually a day or two quicker than across the pass, hopefully you guys will get your monday or tuesday. great ties everyone.
  9. twinlakesleach MurkyLurker

Chehalis, Washington
    They just arrived!!!!!!!
  10. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +180 / 6
    Flies came in today's mail. They all look great. :thumb:
    I only got 9 though. Did some folks bail?
  11. Zach M Because I floss so hard

Gig Harbor Washington
    got mine today. tried to pinch the bark on the zug bug and the hook snapped with barelly any pressure right behind where the base of the tail hmmmmmm. but nice swap guys the rubber legged nymph looks insane!
  12. colton rogers wishin' i was fishin'

gig harbor, washington
    Ratings: +10 / 0
    are you guys checking your mail on sunday or hoildays?
  13. twinlakesleach MurkyLurker

Chehalis, Washington
    Huh??? :confused:
  14. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +180 / 6
    Oh, Man, that sucks. PM me your address and I'll send you a couple replacements. I've had those hooks for a while, but that shouldn't have happened. I'll pinch the barbs first in case there are anymore brittle ones.
  15. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Flies arrived today. Now I'm feeling guilty. I tied up a very simple small pattern that I had read about "simple and effective". I have caught some Teal Lake trout on them and was excited to share the mojo. Then I get another jackpot in return. These are so varied and so nice. I feel like I screwed you guys with my humble copper glass bead ostrich herl bodied nymph. Thanks for tolerating me. I'll comment more on the wicked nice tri colored Twinlakesleech, the barred white bunny cone head, the extra heavy olive rabbit back nymph, the ultra fuzzy olive bugger with nymph body tubing. Then there is Islander's little nymph with the strike me now peacock herl tail, the bug eyed dragonfly nymph that will dredge them up for sure, the Xdog variation of the prince with rubber legged fuzzy body buggieness, a very sparkly boatman and even Zach's ice cream cone looking Greenonomid all will catch mucho fish for the Mumbler. If I left anyone out I'm sorry...the flies are already in my gear bag down in the freaking cold cellar and I'm not going back down. Every one is a super hot looking fly, thanks again.
  16. Eric Tarcha gear whore

Seattle, WA
    man, i still didn't get mine yet, hopefully tomorrow. looking forward to seeing all the flies. the white conehead barred bunny was mine. simple but effective, good for dollies, or pass lake browns.
  17. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Eric, is the barred bunny something you buy dyed, dye yourself or mark with a sharpie? That fly will rock a place I like to go too.
  18. Eric Tarcha gear whore

Seattle, WA
    mumbles, the barred bunny is bought, harline dubbin. there are many colors too. gives the bunny a little something extra, i like contrast in my flies. hope it treats you well.
  19. Tim Overbey New Member

Lacey, Wa
    Sorry, we've been without a computer, but I haven't recieved anything yet.:beer2:
  20. Eric Tarcha gear whore

Seattle, WA
    I still haven't got mine either....wtf.