Winter waders for women

Discussion in 'Spey Clave' started by unrooted, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Unrooted,

In my last post, I also forgot to mention that IF the waders that you ordered don't work well for her, you may also want to try the "Women's Chena River Waders" from Redington. http://www.redington.com/prod.php?k=62166&p=RDT5-WW001&u=WW001
    You can Google them to find product reviews and retailers.

While developing these waders a couple of years ago, some folks from Redington actually came to one of our Northwest Women Flyfishers club meetings to measure all the gals (or those who would volunteer their measurements) so they could design a pair of waders that actually fit REAL women. I don't own a pair of these, but some of my friends do. When I've tried them on, I personally find that these waders tend to run a little short. (I'm 5/8", so if your wife is 5'7" I'd recommend going for the "long" size.) The Redington folks also asked the gals for their input regarding other wader features that we do/don't like, and incorporated a number of these suggestions into the waders -- including a fleece-lined handwarming pocket. The booties will be sized better for a woman's foot, as well.

My apologies for not mentioning this earlier. I just thought of them.

--KIM--