NFR With a saddened heart I make this post

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by Jerry Daschofsky, Sep 28, 2013.

1. TrevorH Active Member

Bellingham, WA, US.
    Ratings: +32 / 0
    I'm so sad for your family. Make your love for them burn bright within you. Share your strength.
  2. sonny86504 New Member

Ratings: +0 / 0
    I'm actually deployed in Afghanistan right now, working on C17s, and I believe my team towed an aircraft for his shipment home along with a couple of his brothers...it reminds you that everyday people are still giving their lives for our country...so keep all your military family who've lost loved ones...condolences to your family...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
  3. David Loy Senior Moment

Wolf Bay
    Ratings: +319 / 2
    Jerry
    So very sorry for you, your sister and family. A life too short. Sincerest condolences with a heavy heart.
  4. Fishee Member

seattle
    Ratings: +18 / 0
    My deepest condolences to you and your family.
  5. Gary Thompson dirty dog

East Wenatchee, WA
    Ratings: +131 / 0
    Thank you for your service and sacrifice.
  6. Patrick Gould Active Member

Ellensburg, WA
    Ratings: +688 / 1
    I'm sorry for your loss. My family members serving over there have long since returned, but your loss is a sobering reminder that many are still there. Stay strong.
  7. Spencer Woods Member

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +14 / 0
    Sorry for your loss, Jerry. I know the deal all too well :( Wishing you a speedy rebound. Both my parents are resting in the MV National Cemetery. It's a beautiful place! Memorial Day.............. that place is something to see. It will blow your socks off. Cheers to you and your family during this difficult time. - Spence
  8. saffman Member

Pagosa Springs, CO
    Ratings: +5 / 0
    Jerry, Thanks for posting. We all need to be reminded of the amazing people that stand in harms way for us. May God Bless you and your family and friends. The country is greater for his service and yet smaller as a result of the loss. So much potential but no doubt a life lived well and with honor.
  9. MrP Member

Bothell, WA
    Ratings: +19 / 0
    My condolences to you and your family, Jerry.
  10. Alex MacDonald Dr. of Doomology

Haus Alpenrosa, Lederhosenland
    Ratings: +886 / 0
    Jerry, Tandy and I are sending prayers and hugs to you all.
  11. Starman77 Active Member

Kent, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +69 / 0
    Sincere condolences to you and the family... So sad to lose a loved one as such a young age. It is a good reminder that our young soldiers are still sacrificing every day. It's clear that he had a positive impact on you and his family and leaves you with many good memories.

Rex
  12. flyfisher228 Member

Redmond, WA
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Jerry, My prayers and thoughts are with you. Rest in the knowledge that your brother-in-law is with his creator and at peace. I am glad to hear of the relationship the two of you were able to build around the sport of fishing. None of us gets to write our final chapter. My hope is that down the road, you will be able to enjoy the memories you have of the time spent with your brother-in-law while on this earth. Thank you for all you do for the vets, I feel privileged to participate in rowing these fine me down the river each year for the two fly.
  13. William Wallace Active Member

Chesterton IN
    Ratings: +198 / 0
    Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Selfless Service, Honor, Integrity, and Personal Courage... Army's Core Values...I am sure your brother in law upheld these core values to the most extreme fashion.

Prayers to you, family and friends today, tomorrow and forever.

William Wallace
  14. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +660 / 5
    Thank you all for the kind words and prayers. Today is the DTR and tomorrow we lay him to rest in the National Cemetery in Maple Valley.
  15. Brian Miller Be vewy vewy qwiet, I'm hunting Cutthwoat Twout

WA
    Ratings: +66 / 0
    I take a few moments to pray for our military men & women every day. I am deeply saddened by your loss and pray for help, comfort, and strength needed to all who hold Joshua dear. And may your memories forever be golden and vivid.
  16. Jerry Daschofsky Moderator

Graham, WA, USA.
    Ratings: +660 / 5
    Ok. I think I'm about ready to come back to a working role back on WFF. I've literally been non existant outside dealing with Jay and the family (as in updates on here). Sorry to all of you who've had reports and private messages unanswered. Just played catch up. Today is the final step to closure, or what best of it I can get, with the Special Forces Memorial on JBLM. My time with the grieving process will be done (though my sister in law and Jay's family will be traveling back to Texas to do their family memorials to Jay in the next few days). Now it's time to move on and celebrate his life. Couldn't have come at a better time. My yearly memorial salmon fishing trip for my Dad is next week. I'll be taking Jay's twin brother with me (once he gets back from Texas) so he can get some man time in on the water. Plus, will help him heal like my water time has helped me heal over the years.

Thank you for all the kind words. Unfortunately this isn't my first Military funeral (or hard loss, like when my Dad passed), and probably won't be my last. But this was my first close family member KIA. So took a harder tole on me. I do have a few "brothers", some who post on here occasionally, that if they were to be KIA it'd hit me just as hard. Praying that doesn't happen. Will enjoy some drinks today, get through the memorial, then refocus from there onto life as "normal" as I can get it.
  17. Steve Call Active Member

Wetside, WA
    Ratings: +184 / 0
    Normal will never be the same and a new normal will take awhile.

Again, so very sorry for your loss.

The water is healing. Get back out fishing soon and often.
  18. Jim Speaker Active Member

Mill Creek, WA
    Ratings: +514 / 0
    Jerry,
    my prayers go out for the entire family. I'm really sorry to hear this . His sacrifice is the ultimate sacrifice, and accounts for me being able to type this right now. Hang in there, sounds like you've had good counsel and are on the right track.
  19. Paul Huston Swinger

WalkingSpeedWater, Yelm Washington
    Ratings: +20 / 0
    Yup, time to burn stuff and get fucking drunk. Looking forward to Sunday Brother.
  20. Kurt Jaye New Member

Ratings: +0 / 0
    We are sorry for the lost and our family prays for you and your family