Wodinvile/Bothell area

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by young fly fisherman, Aug 11, 2002.

1. Roper Idiot Savant

Glenraven Ranch
    Ratings: +767 / 1
    So, how does a 13 year old get around to fish? Is someone taking you to the lakes?

Now is a hard time to catch trout in stillwater unless it's real early or at dusk to dark. It's been too hot and the local lakes are real warm right now.

What kind of equipment do you have? Tube? Waders, fins?

Some times, like now it's good to take up tying or rod building. In another month things will pick up and trout will be feeding to get ready for winter.

Have you tried Silver Lake? I live close and often pick up two or three fish there. Nothing big, a 3 or 4 weight works well.
  2. young fly fisherman New Member

Bothell, Washington, USA.
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    Well yeah every once in a while my dad takes me somewhere to fly fish, but not a enough. When I get a car I plan to go every day. My mom and I are thinking about doing the glacier, Yellowstone thing next year. I do have a tube, wadding shoes, wadding socks, fins but not wadders. I'm planing to get some wadders soon. I do have a little fly tying kit but I can't quite figure it out. Never been to sliver lake , where is it?

Jon :COOK
  3. Gary B New Member

Bothell, WA, USA.
    If you follow the Bothell Everett highway north past Mill Creek the next town is Sikver Lake and you will come to silver lake before the town, it is a fair sized lake there is also Martha lake up off 164th before the freeway, both have decent fishing, esp. when the water cools alittle.

Gary
  4. young fly fisherman New Member

Thanks again gary!!
  5. miker New Member

Dude,
    Just drive out to the I-90 and hit the SNoqualmie River (all three forks - middle open year round) past North Bend and have at it. It's fishing great now and a great place to learn. Some nice cuts and bows there - 8 to 10 inces and the occasional 12+.
  6. alpinetrout Banned or Parked

Hiding in your closet
    Ratings: +68 / 0
    Since he said he's 13, driving might not be such a good idea...
  7. young fly fisherman New Member

Woodinvile/Bothell area

Thanks