Wonder why I don't catch more of these?

Discussion in 'Warm Water Species' started by hedburner, Sep 11, 2012.

1. hedburner

hedburner Member

This happened back in early June, I was fishing Clear Lake in Skagit county for bass. Slow, real slow for bass. Nothing around the shoreline, so I moved out a little and figured maybe they're deeper around about in the pads. Casting around my pontoon in circles carefully working my bug through the pads, I get a chase and a grab. I missed the set. And I'm thinking crap that might be the only hit I'll get this evening. I'm looking at the area where I missed the hit getting ready to toss the bug back in the same spot, and I see something just sitting there on top looking at where my bug was. I'm looking at it wondering the hell that is, thinking maybe a nutria, muskrat, or a small beaver. Then I notice the big bulging eye sockets, I'ts a big ol' bullfrog. So I make another cast just a few feet behind it and off to the side so my line and tippet wouldn't spook it. Wiggled and twitched the bug a little and the frog made a line for it and gabbed it. Wow! Frog on! They put up a decent fight with a strong run for cover and a dive towards the bottom.

P6150970.JPG

triploidjunkie likes this.
  2. McNasty

McNasty Canyon Lurker

lol thats awesome, i caught a big bullfrog on a popper back in the day

3. Nick Clayton

Nick Clayton Active Member

Sweet. I can hear Sage at work now designing their lightweight frog rod.

4. Clay Carney

Clay Carney Member

I used to catch them all the time back in TX. They'll chase anything on top.

5. Stone Barnard

Stone Barnard South by Northwest

Yess sir! Down in the bayou it's the game of choice when grandma is coming to town!!! Aiyeee!!!