Wonder wings

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by cutthroatking, Sep 21, 2008.

1. cutthroatking

cutthroatking screw work lets fish

I was at the E-Burg fly tying deal this spring and was watching someone tye march browns with wonder wings but I cant remember how they were tyed.They were the style that you pull apart at the quill.Thanks for any help.

john

2. Tim Cottage

Tim Cottage Formerly tbc1415

3. jessejames

jessejames Flyslinger

Hey cutthroat king those tutorials look easy enough!! When your tieing I will take a dozen or two:thumb:
    blessing
    jesse

4. wwheeler48

wwheeler48 wwheeler48

Hey guys,
    I saw that guy in Eburg also. They were beautiful and he gave me one. I have been trying to recreate it, too. However, I think that he was using a Wally Wing rather than a Wonder Wing. Here is a description of the Wally Wing. http://www.telusplanet.net/public/whlutz/wallywing.html. See what you think.

5. Rob Ast

Rob Ast Active Member

I was there as well (same guy was tying the foam skwala pattern if I remember correctly). The wally wing referenced here is the method he was using, though both methods make cool looking bugs.

6. jessejames

jessejames Flyslinger

The original post was from 2008!! I think he figured it out by now.
    jesse

7. wwheeler48

wwheeler48 wwheeler48

Well, I was disoriented as this string is a couple of years old. It is one of those things I noticed as I hit Post. But As Rob says, both are good methods to make wings.