Wonder wings

Discussion in 'Fly Tying' started by cutthroatking, Sep 21, 2008.

1. cutthroatking screw work lets fish

Rosalia, Washington
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    I was at the E-Burg fly tying deal this spring and was watching someone tye march browns with wonder wings but I cant remember how they were tyed.They were the style that you pull apart at the quill.Thanks for any help.

john
  2. Tim Cottage Formerly tbc1415

Outer Duvall
    Ratings: +244 / 1
  3. jessejames Flyslinger

Show Low, Arizona
    Ratings: +345 / 3
    Hey cutthroat king those tutorials look easy enough!! When your tieing I will take a dozen or two:thumb:
    blessing
    jesse
  4. wwheeler48 wwheeler48

Fall City, Washington
    Hey guys,
    I saw that guy in Eburg also. They were beautiful and he gave me one. I have been trying to recreate it, too. However, I think that he was using a Wally Wing rather than a Wonder Wing. Here is a description of the Wally Wing. http://www.telusplanet.net/public/whlutz/wallywing.html. See what you think.
  5. Rob Ast Active Member

West Pugetopolis WA
    Ratings: +230 / 3
    I was there as well (same guy was tying the foam skwala pattern if I remember correctly). The wally wing referenced here is the method he was using, though both methods make cool looking bugs.
  6. jessejames Flyslinger

Show Low, Arizona
    Ratings: +345 / 3
    The original post was from 2008!! I think he figured it out by now.
    jesse
  7. wwheeler48 wwheeler48

Fall City, Washington
    Well, I was disoriented as this string is a couple of years old. It is one of those things I noticed as I hit Post. But As Rob says, both are good methods to make wings.