Wooden Fishing Boats in Port Townsend

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by Bob Triggs, Aug 24, 2009.

1. Bob Triggs

Bob Triggs Your Preferred Olympic Peninsula Fly Fishing Guide

Annual Port Townsend Wooden Boat Festival

Sep 11-13

www.woodenboat.org/festival

This is the big one for you wooden boat cranks. Lots of examples of classic and modern, traditional to high-tech construction materials and methods, in and out of the water, and several days of presentations on allthings wooden boat. if you are interested in building your own fishing boats- to row or motor powered- this is a great place to start for ideas, information, contacts, tips etc. Every year some drifters and salty boats show up, always something inspiring. Most of the boats are home built in this regard. There are always a few proven Puget Sound originals, or modern recreations, of interest to me as a boating fisherman here. Its the best 3 days you'll get for this kind of support.

2. dryflylarry

dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Thanks Bob. Hope I make it this year. You might want to post this on the Events Page also. :thumb:

3. Angler 77

Angler 77 AKA Scott Jones

I just missed the festival last year and am looking forward to it this year. I'm finishing up my year at boat school in lowest Hadlock and have a new appreciation for the boats I will be seeing. Thanks for the post, it would be great if it was posted as an event too.

Scott

4. Milt Roe

Milt Roe Member

Always wanted to see this one. Maybe this is the year.

5. Bob Triggs

Bob Triggs Your Preferred Olympic Peninsula Fly Fishing Guide

Milt, call them up (link ablove) and see if you can bring your sweet little boat up and park it on the trailer in the yard for display for the festival. I understand that there is always room for small boats on land this late in the set up. Everyone there will love that boat of yours.

6. Milt Roe

Milt Roe Member

I'll try to make that happen Bob. Lots going on this time of year - Another 2 years and I wont have work or a kid to interfere with my schedule.

Hey - I did manage to handle a couple of SRC today...Life is good.

7. Tim Cottage

Tim Cottage Formerly tbc1415

Bob

I saw your boat at the show. The most expensive $1.00 boat ever.
    You were lucky to find her, she's a real honey.

TC