would drift boat seats any ideas

Discussion in 'Watercraft' started by grandma grann, Sep 6, 2012.

1. grandma grann

grandma grann Member

hi I own a 14 foot Wood Mackenzie drift boat I've been working on the seats in the front seat I have modified into a dry storage lead serves as a bench, I also added a rear batch in the last couple feet of the boat.
    however im having some trouble coming up with a good idea for the rowing seat I want to make a rope seat but I fear that I will lose storage space.

I'm also trying to figure out what to in the front of the boat I have a piece of plywood and cross-member right now, I think I can make it into some sort of a dry storage area?

Any and all ideas are welcome
    thank you

PS
    if you have any name ideas for my boat let me know

2. Patrick Gould

Patrick Gould Active Member

Media:
    I like some of the ideas in the modern wooden boats. Laminated casting stations, built in waterproof storage etc. If it's a cool old historic boat going traditional might be the way to go. Post up some pic if you get a chance. I would love to take a look.

3. Joepa

Joepa Joe from PA

Yeah, the storage under the fly deck is a nice feature. I installed a strip of hardwood against the inner bow keel and mounted some screw eyes for securing bags and such for overnight trips, but I was tempted to install something more elaborate.