Would this work as a shooting basket?

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Fairways_and_Greens, Oct 6, 2013.

1. As much as it pained me to part with $50+ for a plastic basket, I immediately regretted not getting it sooner the first time used it.

Stonefish likes this.
  2. Jim Lawrence

Jim Lawrence New Member

I also have one of those collapsable ones and hated it but I took the Ikea stool and put it in the webbing so I could use the belt. That works very well.

3. Daryle Holmstrom

Daryle Holmstrom retiredfishak

I love my LL Bean one

4. Well, on the advice of Stonefish and others I tried cancelling my order for the planting basket, but no dice; it showed up today. Since it's going to take Pacific Fly Fishers a couple of weeks to get in my Linekurv, I figured I'll give it a shot.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. Dipnet

Dipnet aka Tim Hartman

Although you're kinda stuck with it I agree with some of the others that it looks pretty narrow. I think you're gonna get tired of fighting to get the line to drop into the basket.

I'm another Linekurv aficionado!

6. Ed Call

Ed Call Mumbling Moderator Staff Member

You've done okay. Go to Peninsula Outfitters in Poulsbo and buy the Linkurv and know you have arrived!

7. Thanks Ed. I'm a total noob at this and the guys at Pacific Fly Fishers have been pretty patient with me so I feel like I owe them a few more of my bucks.

I go golfing down at Gold Mountain a few times a year; the next time I do I'll stop in at Peninsula!

8. Jason Rolfe

Jason Rolfe Wanderer

You can also just order the linekurv basket online. Same price as the stores I believe, and it'll get to you within two weeks.

9. Tony Polizzi

Tony Polizzi Active Member

Attached Files:

10. I know, but I try to support the local shops whenever I can.

Greg Armstrong likes this.