Would this work as a shooting basket?

Discussion in 'Saltwater' started by Fairways_and_Greens, Oct 6, 2013.

1. underachiever !

suburban hell
    Ratings: +483 / 0
    As much as it pained me to part with $50+ for a plastic basket, I immediately regretted not getting it sooner the first time used it.
    Stonefish likes this.
  2. Jim Lawrence New Member

Ratings: +5 / 0
    I also have one of those collapsable ones and hated it but I took the Ikea stool and put it in the webbing so I could use the belt. That works very well.
  3. Daryle Holmstrom retiredfishak

Mount Vernon, WA
    Ratings: +106 / 0
    I love my LL Bean one
  4. Fairways_and_Greens Member

Ratings: +9 / 0
    Well, on the advice of Stonefish and others I tried cancelling my order for the planting basket, but no dice; it showed up today. Since it's going to take Pacific Fly Fishers a couple of weeks to get in my Linekurv, I figured I'll give it a shot.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  5. Dipnet aka Tim Hartman

Silverdale, WA
    Ratings: +375 / 0
    Although you're kinda stuck with it I agree with some of the others that it looks pretty narrow. I think you're gonna get tired of fighting to get the line to drop into the basket.

I'm another Linekurv aficionado!
  6. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,469 / 9
    You've done okay. Go to Peninsula Outfitters in Poulsbo and buy the Linkurv and know you have arrived!
  7. Fairways_and_Greens Member

Thanks Ed. I'm a total noob at this and the guys at Pacific Fly Fishers have been pretty patient with me so I feel like I owe them a few more of my bucks.

I go golfing down at Gold Mountain a few times a year; the next time I do I'll stop in at Peninsula!
  8. Jason Rolfe Wanderer

the beach
    Ratings: +373 / 0
    You can also just order the linekurv basket online. Same price as the stores I believe, and it'll get to you within two weeks.
  9. Tony Polizzi Active Member

PT, OP
    Ratings: +66 / 0

Attached Files:

10. Fairways_and_Greens Member

I know, but I try to support the local shops whenever I can.
    Greg Armstrong likes this.