Wow!

Discussion in 'Events' started by miyawaki, May 1, 2011.

1. What a great turnout yesterday at our Spring Orvis Days celebration! Thanks for all who turned out.

Great music from Ryan Harder; Delicious wine from Hells Canyon; Fantastic food from Rob Ketner; and beautiful dogs from Highland Hills Ranch. Thanks to Bob Triggs and Doug Rose for a great searun seminar and a special thanks to Les Johnson for joining in! Rumor has it that Orvis Company President, Ray McCready was here enjoying the festivities. . .

Leland.

2. I had a very good time. Met some good fishermen, good food & wine, and picked up some good fishing tips. I doubt that I'll have as good a time when I open my credit card statement and review my purchases.

3. Thanks, it was great hearing Les Johnson join in the the searun seminar.

Leland.

4. That is one beautiful shop Leland. Thank you and Orvis too for hosting us. The ambiance; live music, food, wine, the huge displays, all so beautiful. I loved the rod racks! But the icing on the cake for me was having Les Johnson come right up to us and share so much of his experience and wit. He still has that great sharp edge! I will definately be back. For those of you who might not know it; some years back that Orvis shop was struggling as far as being able to outfit anglers properly and appropriately. Then along came Les Johnson and Leland Miyawaki- with two lifetimes of on-the-water experience in freshwaters and saltwaters- and they proceeded to turn it all around. Today that shop is the number one Orvis shop in America, and they can brag about their own Derek Young just being awarded the Orvis Endorsed Guide Of The Year too! Keep your eyes on this shop for more good things to come.

5. I really enjoyed the great presentation put on by Leland, Bob, and Doug. I also had the chance to finally meet Les Johnson and to thank him for all he has done for the SRCs and fly fishing in this area. Thanks for organizing the get together. I'm sorry I couldn't stay for Dov's presentation but the wife was in the mall while I was in Orvis. Think about that for a moment; scary.

6. Great event staff is awesome.