WTB: Hunk of T-14

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by PT, Sep 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    Ratings: +749 / 2
    Looking for 30' or so but would settle for 1 piece about 15' long. Experimenting with a line for dirty water silvers. Short floating/sinking head I want to put together so I can just chuck into the shrubs and start stripping.
  2. Buck "Ride'n Dirty."

Seattle, Wa.
    Ratings: +7 / 0
    Can't you just buy that at any local fly shop?
  3. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    Yep, but I'd rather not pay what the shops are asking right now. If someone has a piece they aren't using, that's the route I'd prefer.... and willing to pay for that hunk of dredging material. I could also buy a new Z-Axis 6126 at a shop but would rather find one used somewhere.....;)
  4. constructeur Active Member

Seattle, Wa
    Ratings: +412 / 0
    What's it going for now? Last time I had Ron make me a tip at AATF it was only like .80 cents a foot. PT, that would make you an even cheaper bastard than myself, and that's saying something!
  5. Buck "Ride'n Dirty."

Seattle, Wa.
    Hold up, .80 cents a foot!
  6. NVswitch Member

Sparks, Nevada
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    If you are serious about the Z-Axis, there is a used one for sale on Kiene's Fly Shop Message Board.
  7. Josh dead in the water

NW Washington
    Ratings: +513 / 2
    A buddy just told me that The Red Shed sells it for like 50 cents a foot. But I didn't look into it to check his accuracy.
  8. yellowlab Active Member

In a van... down by the river, WA
    Ratings: +89 / 8
    Think I got mine for .40 a foot at Orvis, but don't quote me on that. If you want aggressive and cheap some guys use throttle cable from junkyards or some Cortland LC-13.
  9. estuaryboy Member

North East
    Ratings: +1 / 0
    Z-10, 14, 18 tips $8.00 most lengths, $35- for 100'.... - meiserflyrods.com/speyshop.php

If that is not cheap enough for ya I have some Cortland LC13 I will sell, unopened 30' package, $15- first class shipping included!
  10. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    It used to go for around .30/foot. Now it's 30' for $40. No big deal either way. Just thought someone might have a piece sitting around not getting used and wanted a few bucks for coffee.

Estuaryboy, thanks for the info. I forgot all about the Meiser stuff.

This might be the first time anyone has ever referred to me as being cheap:D
  11. constructeur Active Member

Seattle, Wa
    Ratings: +412 / 0
    Ha, right on.

Ring Pacific FF or Ron, they both have the bulk spools of 8, 11, and 14. When I said .80 a foot, I was talking about the completed tip, if ya buy the shit by the foot why the hell not have the shop peeps throw the loops on there as well and just be done with it?
  12. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
  13. cb3fish Banned or Parked

Santa Rosa , Calif
    Ratings: +8 / 0
    Hey dude,

Perhaps you should get a cardboard sign...stand on a corner.....?? If you can't afford 10 feet of t-14...how can you afford to buy gas to go fishing? What a joke
  14. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,506 / 9
    Pheasant Tail, if you still need some, I've got a Rio kit downstairs. Send me a PM with a draft apolgy for all the shit you flip me and maybe I'll send you some!

I'll second the magic of the weldable Z material from the Meiz though, I've got some and you can't have any of mine. You'll have to get some of your own.
  15. bennysbuddy the sultan of swing

m-ville
    Ratings: +736 / 0
    I recently bought some at ALL ABOUT THE FLY, they have it in stock and they have an online store it cost around 65cents a foot or so.
  16. Dustin Bise Active Member

troll?
  17. Chris Bellows The Thought Train

The Salt
    Ratings: +867 / 0
    if you're looking for cheap you could always use cortland's lead core. the sink rate is only marginally slower than t-14.

$11.95 for 30 ft

Lead Core For Sale
  18. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    Ed, how 'bout one big blanket apology for whatever I did in the past and may very will do in the future. Could it be dated for a full 2 years into the future, at which point we'll start keeping a ledger again?

Didn't know an ad for some line would twist people's uns' the way this one has (not talking about you Mumbles).

Thanks to the others for some helpful suggestions.
  19. PT Physhicist

Edmonds, WA
    I've been using the stuff for some years. Been dicing up my own tips for steelheading for 20 years. Once again, I just thought someone might have a length that was sitting around. No big deal, I'll probably try the Meiser stuff. Seems that many use it and like it.

Thanks!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.