WTB - Saltwater 6 Weight

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by freestoneangler, Feb 19, 2012.

1. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Ratings: +724 / 1
    I'm still poking around looking for a mid range 6 weight, saltwater rod. Waited too long to pull the trigger on Rob A's Xi2 and still kicking myself for that one.

Definitely want a fighting butt, full wells grip and 9'-6" length preferred. Pretty much going to be my SRC rod for the near future, but will eventually find use on the Texas Gulf coast; so it needs some wind punching capability. I'm sorta anal about keeping my equipment in top shape, so no junkers please...I'll pay the fair price for good to like new condition.

If you have a rod by itself or a full set-up you want to sell, let's talk. You can also send me some pictures at freestoneangler@comcast.net

Thanks,
    Bill
  2. tedshuck Member

Centennial, CO
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    PM Sent for outfit.
    Thanks,
    Ted
  3. NJFly Member

Jersey Shore, NJ
    PM Sent.
  4. WABOWMAN Active Member

Port Townsend,WA
    Ratings: +31 / 0
    I am looking for the same thing dont mean to hijack
  5. loganmike Member

Buying 4 licenses from now on!
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    I have a VT2 I'd be willing to let go. Fished twice. If interested drop me a pm! Thanks

Me

I have forgotten the length, either 9 or 9'6

But has fighting butt and is a six wt!
  6. Islander Steve

Langley, Wa..
    Ratings: +182 / 6
    It's a 7wt. instead of 6 but I have a set up you might be interested in. It's a G-Loomis 'Nautikos' 7wt. 9' 3pc. Comes with a SA Concept 2LA reel and is loaded with a 7wt. shooting head floating line. Have a St. Croix rod/reel case it fits in. This was my back-up beach combo and has seen little use. $275 shipped
  7. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Hi Steve,
    Thanks for the offer, but I really want to stay with a 6 weight -- already have a couple 7 weights.
  8. Nick Clayton Active Member

Ratings: +1,133 / 4
    I've been kicking around the idea of unloadin my Sage XP 691 to fund the purchase of another 5 wt. Pm me if that's of interest.
  9. tabornatives Member

WRJ, Vermont
    How about a Scott STS 6wt 3 piece saltwater version in excellent condition?
    Pretty much what you are describing. Comes with scott sock and tube.
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
    [IMG]
  10. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Tabornatives, The Scott STS is really nice looking and enticing, but I think it will be a bit too fast for me.
    Thanks,
    Bill
  11. tling70 Member

delta, british columbia
    Ratings: +4 / 5
    How about an echo ion 6100-4 in mint condition. I just recently bought the rod used and decided that I don't need a 10' 6wt rod. Pm me your email if you are interested and I can send pictures and a price.
  12. Matthew Kaphan Active Member

Olympia, WA
    Ratings: +41 / 1
    You should give a look at the Allen Myth 10' 6 wt. It's a good rod and great as a beach rod. I'm sure if you asked, either Evan or Jason (orangeradish) would probably let you cast it.

Matthew
  13. Snookdaddy Member

Lakeland, Florida
    Ratings: +1 / 2
    Please email details on your Scott S4S 6wt to bobbyc@tampabay.rr.com including price.
  14. tabornatives Member

WRJ, Vermont
    If this is too fast, then don't worry about kicking yourself for not buying a Xi2. The SAGE is a downright broomstick compared to a STS. This rod shouldn't be confused with Scott's S3s or new S4s. Totally different animal(in a good way).

15. dryflylarry "Chasing Riseforms"

Near the Fjord
    Ratings: +563 / 0
    Freestone.

Thinking of giving up my Redington CPX 906 4S. I have not used it once since this last fall. It is brand spanking new. I accidentally yanked my old rod guide off. The company replaced it by giving me a brand new rod. I "might" give it up for $250. I have a little extra money that I might want to put towards a Orvis Helios instead. Anyway, it's a great rod. Saltwater fighting butt.
  16. Chad Lewis NEVER wonder what to do with your free time

TriCities, WA
    Ratings: +152 / 0
    I have a G.Loomis GLX 10' 6 weight in the classifieds that I posted today. It's in excellent condition. I did get a pm today from an interested buyer. If it doesn't pan out with him, are you interested?
  17. freestoneangler Not to be confused with Freestone

Edgewood, WA
    Thanks all for the offers, but I just decided on a Sage VT2.