WTM - Orange schlappen hackle

Discussion in 'Fly Fishing Forum' started by zen leecher aka bill w, Jul 3, 2013.

1. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Media:
    We need a new category of WTM (Wanted to Mooch). I'm in a fly swap of married wing flies and found out the schlappen feathers are best for the beard hackle. I don't have any and would like 5 or 6 good feathers for participating in the swap. I'm doing a traditional sized size 6 wet so the schlappen needs to be long enough for that.

I will trade a couple of wet flies for the feathers if anyone is interested.

guess my name is now

zen moocher (Bill)

dryflylarry likes this.
  2. triploidjunkie

triploidjunkie Active Member

Media:
    I was going to help you out, but realized digging through material that I am lacking orange also.

3. David Loy

David Loy Senior Moment

Pretty sure I have orange and don't mind sharing. If your not in a hurry, PM your address and I'll slip some feathers in the mail this weekend.

4. Tim Cottage

Tim Cottage Formerly tbc1415

John at http://www.feathersmc.com/ responds quickly if you tell him its an emergency. His schlappin is as good as any you'll find and only $4.00. He also has a much better range of colors than most.

If I had any orange I'd be happy to send some but I just checked and my orange schlappin is absent. I do have plenty of orange strung hackle but not schlappin.

TC

constructeur likes this.
  5. zen leecher aka bill w

zen leecher aka bill w born to work, forced to fish

Media:
    After I tie the flies for the married wing swap and if they look good enough I'll order some schlappin from this site. Before I order a bunch of feathers I want to find out if I enjoy the old style flies.