WTT: Fly tying gear

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by Nick Clayton, Jun 9, 2009.

1. Nick Clayton Active Member

Ratings: +1,126 / 4
    I have been contimplating getting rid of my fly tying gear for some time now, and I think its about time if anyone is interested. I have a desk full of materials/tools/some hooks. I wouldn't mind selling it, but ideally I'd love to trade it for a 2/3 weight setup. This would save me the hassle of trying to justify the purchase of another rod to my fiance.

If anyone is interested in working something out, shoot me a PM or respond to this thread. I can post pictures tomorrow of everything I have if interested.

Nick

[IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[IMG][/URL][/IMG]
  2. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,357 / 9
    Redington RS4 3wt (pretty sure it is 8') 4pc and I can add to that a Redington CD 3/4 and spare spool. You add a floater and Intermediate and you are set for light weight. The rod is brand new, I have had it together one time to check the fitting, but I really have no need for it. Let me know if this interests you.
  3. Arthur Vakulchik Young Gun

lynnwood, wa
    Ratings: +0 / 0
    you should definetly post some picks, cause im also very interested.

arthur
  4. Nick Clayton Active Member

Ed, I would certainly be interested.

I decided to go fishing today before work, so pics will have to wait until tomorrow, but I will post as soon as I get a chance tomorrow.
  5. Ed Call Mumbling Moderator

Kitsap Peninsula
    Ratings: +1,357 / 9
    No worries, I'm not tossing the rod in the trash! How was the fishing? Were you at your new "home" lake? I must have misplaced my invitation...
  6. Nick Clayton Active Member

No, I made the drive over to Cady lake. I have never fished it, and just recently learned its really not too far from me. About 15-20 minutes is all. So I drop my son at school, and head over there for a few hours before I go in for swing shift. I get to the lake, get all excited when I look at it, totally itching to fish. What happens? I start blowing up my tube only to discover that my puppy has put a nice hole in it. UGH!!! So now I'm trying to borrow a pontoon from my dad so I can try again tomorrow or maybe call in sick tonight and give it a shot this evening.

I have only fished my "home" lake twice. Sad I know. Haven't had any luck, but the second time was on mothers day when I took my fiance out to teach her to cast. Your invitation certainly still stands, though as the summer heats up I hear its best to stay off the lake and make way for the speed boats.

I'll try to get pics up tomorrow. Just talked to my fiance and she has the camera out in the car. Or perhaps you can take me up on the invitation some time and look upon the goods yourself.

Nick
  7. Ben Guss Member

Olympia, WA
    Ratings: +2 / 0
    If by chance you have extra, im just getting more into this great sport, im wanting to also learn the art of fly tying. If anyone has extra fly tying gear I'm very interested.

Many thanks!
  8. Nick Clayton Active Member