FS WTT/FS: the original 8wt heliply - Scott G 888/3HP

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by krick, Jun 11, 2012.

1. krick New Member

Ratings: +0 / 0
    Looking to trade an excellent condition Scott G 888/3HP for a Scott HP 888/3 (either the original late-90's to early 2000's version [which is actually not the original version] or the 2006 "classic" re-issue).

For those that don't know, there have been two different Scott heliply designs - the original RG and G series heliply rods (the RG and G blanks were, I believe, identical but for cosmetic differences) and the HP series heliply rods which were cosmetically nearly identical to the G series but were designed with faster actions than the RG and G series which had more, well, G-like actions. Unfortunately I only learned this myself after buying the G series version thinking it was the same as the HP version that I had tried and fallen in love with. The G series version is a beautiful and fantastic rod - it's just not the rod that I was looking for.

I'd prefer a straight up trade with anyone who has the HP version and is interested in trying the slightly slower more classically flexing G version, but given that my odds of finding that match are pretty slim, I'll consider offers as well.

Pics available on request.

Thanks in advance.
  2. Jim Kerr Active Member

Forks Wa
    Ratings: +138 / 0
    Good luck!
  3. krick New Member

Ratings: +0 / 0
    Thanks